“Manhattan? There's a bus that will take you there, but the next one doesn't arrive until for a few minutes. You want to battle in the meantime? Sure!”
― Ace, Concrete Jungle
Ace is a character made by Kamex. Both his weeks have 3 songs, along with 4 secret songs in the Freeplay menu, his mod is left with a total of 10 songs.
Ace has a light blue fur with a tail and a white fur under it and long dark blue hair. He wears a black parka with a white shirt with a under it. The parka has a zipper and a red trim, blue jeans and a red scarf. He has a golden earring on his ear and white horns on his head. He wields a microphone on his right hand.
Gameplay Mechanics - Ice Notes and Blizzard
- During every song except for Concrete Jungle and Groundhog day, ice notes will appear. Hitting these notes will freeze the player's control for 2 seconds. However, these can be disabled in the settings.
- Blizzard also appears and it makes the screen blurry.
- Additionally, you can play on a new difficulty called Swapped, where the vocals for both the opponent and player are switched, making you play the chart the opponent has on Hard.
- Ace is Kamex's persona.
- His eyes are canonically brown but they were changed to black to fit the game's style.
- Ace is bisexual and polyamorous.
- He was created in June 2015.
- His first public appearance on the internet was Kamex's Undertale - Spider Dance remix.
- In Story mode, player can only choose Boyfriend. Fun-sized Ace and RetroSpecter is unlocked after beating it.
- Ace will have different dialogues for each character.
- When Ace gets too excited, he will cause a snowstorm.
- For some reason, Ace's old losing icon in Frostbite was unused.
- In week 2, it was changed so both the neutral and losing icons are the same.
- When you die multiple times in a song with Ice Notes enabled, Ace will pop up giving you the option to disable them.
- Some of Original Ectospasm's losing dialogues mention this too to poke fun at you.
- Ace and the Ice King share a song name, being Frostbite.
- With the week 2 update, he now also shares a song name with Pumpkin Pie, that being North.
- He did not commit the crime shown in the background of North.
Cameos in other mods
- In Vs. Retrospecter, he appears as both a girlfriend replacement, and a playable character in his fun-sized form. His minus form also appears in the background and at the end of the Minus week.
- In Vs. Big Brother, he appears as a Poster in Week 2
2.7 (Normal and Hard)
Concrete Jungle DialogueAce: You want to battle in the meantime? Sure!
Noreaster DialogueBoyfriend: Boopa!
Sub Zero DialogueAce: Okay, okay, we gotta do one more. This is too much fun!
Post-Sub Zero DialogueBoyfriend: Beepbeep!
Concrete Jungle Dialogue (Fun-Sized Ace)Ace: Yeah I figured
Noreaster Dialogue (Fun-Sized Ace)Fun-Sized Ace: Sorry lol
Sub Zero Dialogue (Fun-Sized Ace)Fun-Sized Ace: Based taste
Post-Sub Zero Dialogue (Fun-Sized Ace)Ace: Stay out of this, manlet
Concrete Jungle Dialogue (Retrospecter)
Sine: Get me a McDevil with no onions, mustard, or pickles. Add mayo--Ace: You guys are too much sometimes
Noreaster Dialogue (Retrospecter)Retro: I playtested this shit like 30 times
Sub Zero Dialogue (Retrospecter)Retro: ok ;_;
Groundhog Day DialogueAce: You want to battle again? Sure thing!
Cold Front DialogueBoyfriend: Boopa!
Cryogenic DialogueBoyfriend: Boop beep!
Post-Sub Cryogenic DialogueGirlfriend: [Happy]
Groundhog Day Dialogue (Fun-Sized Ace)Ace: Yeah!
Cold Front Dialogue (Fun-Sized Ace)Ace: Next song.
Cryogenic Dialogue (Fun-Sized Ace)Ace: I guess so.
Post-Cryogenic Dialogue (Fun-Sized Ace)Ace: Same.
Groundhog Day Dialogue (Retrospecter)Ace: Oh, you want good vibes? Check out this song I made!
Cold Front Dialogue (Retrospecter)Retro: Why's it getting colder?
Cryogenic Dialogue (Retrospecter)Ace: Whoops. Sorry. Next song!
Cold Hearted DialogueAce: Huh? Oh, sure!
Post-Cold Hearted DialogueAce: I know. Goodnight!
Ectospasm DialogueRetro: Look, just sing the song already!