“Camellia's (sometime also known as cametek's) channel. I upload my music, remix, previews, etc.”
― YouTube About Page
Camellia / Masaya Oya (also known as Cametek) is a producer of electronic music, beginning his career with Vocaloid music. He is also popular in the rhythm game scene due to notably difficult charts given to his songs, an example being the Expert+ difficulty on his song GHOST in the popular VR rhythm game Beat Saber.
Camellia appears as a man with spiky cream and reddish colored hair and teal eyes. He wears a pair of glasses, with the right part covering his eye due to its shine, a dark grey jacket, a black shirt, a fedora and a pair of headphones with light blue ear muffs. The lower part of his body isn't visible, being covered by his DJ set, and whenever he presses a button on it, his hair and eye will glow in accordance to the note's respective color. Camellia also doesn't have a nose.
- Even though the mod is based on the actual Camellia's music, the version of Camellia used in the mod is a separate character designed by SugarRatio, that is loosely based on his real appearance.
- Additionally, SugarRatio has stated that the FNF version of Camellia is half sea urchin and can breathe underwater.
- Camellia mentioning Miku at the beginning references to the fact that Camellia occasionally uses Hatsune Miku's Vocaloid software for his songs.
- The Camellia mod is the first mod where you can reach a score of 1 million.
- Camellia's left miss pose is a reference to the thinking-like pose related to memes such as Sheesh.
- Camellia breathes through his hair.
- Camellia's hair is also his feet despite having human feet.
- He can break all your bones in the blink of an eye. 
- If his hair gets wet it goes from normal human-like hair to spiky similarily to an actual sea urchin. 
- There will be a crossover with Cyber Sensation in the future.
- His DJ Pad is loosely based off of a Sound Voltex Controller.
Cameos on other mods
Note: All of these cameos are not canon to Camellia's story:
- In Week 2 of Door to Door Door Salesman, he appears in the really far right of the crowd that's behind the stage, behind Bob and Opheebop. He's cheering with both of his hands as Daddy Dearest shoos off Door Man.
- In Vs. RetroSpecter, a drawing of his face can be found in the background props.
- In Vs. Beepie, he has a chance to appear as one of foreground characters that walk across the screen. When he does appear he's walking alongside Mean BF.
The player can toggle an "Opponent Mode" (formerly known as "C-Mode" before there were other possible opponents) in the options menu, which lets them side against Boyfriend and play as the song's opponent instead. If "Health Drain" is turned on, BF will also drain their health when hitting notes. The amount of health drain can be set in the options.
Modcharts are available for Boyfriend's side in Week 1. NotITG-styled modcharts will potentially be added for Week 2 as well.
First Town Dialogue
Camellia: I didn't know Miku had a younger brother up until that concert...Boyfriend: ...bap!
Liquated DialogueCamellia: Let's do this!
Why do you hate me? DialogueCamellia: Don't hold back!
Quaoar DialogueBoyfriend: my balls itch
Crystallized DialogueBoyfriend: pain
Nacreous Snowmelt DialogueBoyfriend: ah hell nah
Lioness' Pride DialogueShishiro Botan: Now let's make this a night to remember!
GHOST DialogueBoyfriend: boop skebop!
GHOUL DialogueBoyfriend: Beep Ba!
GHOST VIP DialogueBoyfriend: my nuts hang
First Town Opponent Mode DialogueCamellia: Fine, I accept the challenge!
Liquated Opponent Mode DialogueBoyfriend: Bop bop
Why do you hate me? Opponent Mode DialogueBoyfriend: beep
Quaoar Opponent Mode DialogueBoyfriend: camellia mod?
Crystallized Opponent Mode DialogueCamellia: ..Okay.
Nacreous Snowmelt Opponent Mode DialogueBoyfriend: what
GHOST Opponent Mode DialogueBoyfriend: Poggers
GHOUL Opponent Mode DialogueCamellia: Everyone's rooting for you.
- @SugarRatio (November 14, 2021). "he doesnt have a nose". (Tweet). Retrieved November 14, 2021 - via Twitter.
- @SugarRatio (November 14, 2021). "fun fact camellia breathes though his hair". (Tweet). Retrieved November 14, 2021 - via Twitter.
- @SugarRatio (November 14, 2021). "yes". (Tweet). Retrieved November 4, 2021 - via Twitter.