Notices: Fan-Favorite, Upcoming Content
“ There is nothing left for us here. Let us erase this pointless world, and move on to the next.”
Were you looking for a different Chara? Go to Chara (disambiguation)
Want to learn more about Chara?
Chara is a character created by Toby Fox, and modded in by Hexar, Rishimazza who composed the song, Eggplant who drew the art, and Fire_Mario_Fan who did the charting.
Chara looks strikingly similar to the protagonist of Undertale, Frisk, sporting a green sweater with a cream-colored stripe in the center, black pants and shoes, and a hairstyle identical to Frisk's. Chara has peach skin, brown hair, rosy cheeks, and wide red eyes that accompany a wide smile. Whenever Chara hits a note, her red eyes become irises for wide, pitch black eyes while she open her mouth, boasting a distorted smile. She hold a microphone in her left hand while brandishing a large kitchen knife in the other. When utilizing the SAVE, she summon a yellow SAVE star and her red eyes temporarily turn black, her upcoming new idle was also to be shown when she calms down after being a murderer.
Gameplay Mechanic - SAVE, Swapping, and Camera Control
Chara will use three gameplay mechanics during her song.
- SAVE - Chara will summon a SAVE star, forcing Boyfriend to repeat certain parts of the song while active.
- Camera Control - Chara will control the screen, moving it closer to her face. She can perform this during Boyfriend's turn. During this time, Chara performs a special animation where she boast a maniacal, wide-open smile while facing the screen and pointing her knife at the player.
- Swapping - Chara can randomly swap places with Boyfriend, putting him on the left side and herself on the right. This does not affect the player's notes, as she still appear on the right side of the screen regardless of what side she are on.
Possible future mechanics based on J-Bug's video:
- SAVE - Upgraded Save animation that actually sets back notes on the chart.
- Swapping - Upgraded Swap ability that swaps the locations of the health bar, and leaves bf at 1 HP if he had full HP instead of forcing a game over.
- Note Speed Manipulation - During certain parts in the song, the speed of the notes will change drastically in speed.
- Note Manipulation - Throughout the entirety of the song, notes will shake violently. To add to this, during her "turns", Chara may add a glitchy static-like effect to all notes on the screen, which can disrupt the player's ability to read patterns.
- Slash - Chara will "Slash" in time to certain segments in the music, setting the HP bar back by about 20%. At the end of the song, Chara will slash him one last time, fully depleting the hp bar and killing Boyfriend as the official "ending" to the mod, instead of just staring at the player
- Hexar's Chara is a first for a lot of things. These include switching around the position of the Boyfriend and themselves, making you repeat certain parts of the song thanks to the save star, being the first character to have a winning icon, and even interrupting the end of the song.
- The regular miss noise gets replaced by the damage noise from Undertale.
- Megalo Strike Back was picked, because it's commonly associated with Chara, despite being Toby's song for an Earthbound fan-album, named "I Miss You - Earthbound 2012".
- Currently, several other leitmotifs and auditory references to other songs/characters can be heard, including Megalovania (0:40), Core/Another Medium (1:00), Trumpets from Undyne's themes (2:10), "...?" (Known more commonly as "Gaster's Theme", 3:30).
- This is the first song to change BPM in the middle of the song almost immediately, starting from 144 to 180, then back to 144.
- Chara isn't necessarily evil, in fact some of she actions even in the Genocide route can be called the opposite, however a popular headcanon within the Undertale Fan base is that she are the way she are in the genocide ending.
- This mod originally started out as just a song by Rishimazza, with instructions on how a mod about it should be like.
- In the background, there are weapons or pieces of clothing that are lying on the ground. These things reference characters in Undertale that you kill in the Genocide Route. These things include: Sans' hoodie and bones, Papyrus' scarf, Undyne's spear, Asgore's trident and Flowey's dead body, which reference each of the respective owners.
- According to the creator on GameBanana, the mod is currently going through a remake.
- Unless Rishimazza (The creator of the song) creates more songs relating to this mod, Hexar will not add any more songs.
2.7 (Normal & Hard)