Notices: High Quality Article, Fan Favorite, Long Page.
FNF: Kepler Observation Unit is a mod developed by Glitchdroid.
Boyfriend and Girlfriend sneak into an observatory to try and find some privacy in an attempt to get away from Girlfriend's evil parents. There, they end up meeting Kou, who has a passion for the stars!
In the Friday Night Funkin' Universe, Kou meets Boyfriend and Girlfriend while he is visiting an observatory that he frequents. Despite Boyfriend and Girlfriend's search for privacy away from her evil parents, they engage in conversation with the android. Kou expresses the wonders of the universe through singing with Boyfriend, and after two songs, Girlfriend and Boyfriend eventually have to leave. Kou appears to be saddened by this, as he is used to spending most of his time in space by himself without anyone to talk to. It's implied that Boyfriend tells Kou that he'll come see him again, but whatever he said made the android happy once more.
In Week 2, Boyfriend and Girlfriend return to the observatory after several months to pay a visit to Kou. Kou explains that he had just returned from a space expedition and, as always, is eager to share information about it with Boyfriend and Girlfriend through song. After Twinkle, a new character known as GSU appears and tells Kou off for sharing information about the space expedition as it's meant to be kept confidential. It appears that Kou and GSU already know each other, but how they know each other is left unexplained. GSU arrests Kou for spreading classified information, putting him in handcuffs and leaving him in shock. In the cutscene after Lockdown, Kou breaks out of the cuffs by banging them on the speakers and tries to talk things out with GSU. GSU tells Kou off once again for having friends and also mentions that they don't share a friendship and are not supposed to have feelings due to being robots. Quasar begins with Kou now replacing Boyfriend and trying to change GSU's mind. GSU is impressed of what points are given and allows Kou to continue his friendship with Boyfriend and Girlfriend as well as himself.
“Ah- Guests! Welcome to the observatory! May I be of assistance?”
― Kou, Pre-Space Boy
Kepler Observation Unit, also known as just Kou and stylized as KOU is a character created by Glitchdroid.
Kou has dark blue hair with an ahoge on the top of his head, a yellow hairclip, bright pink eyes, and a gray full-body suit with white and dark-gray accents. He wears black and white thigh-high boots with a teal trim and silver soles. His long, black gloves have two white stripes at the top. Kou also wears a pink bow tied around his neck. He carries a mic with teal lining at the top in his right hand, while his left is spread out. On his face, he has either buttons or sensors under his eyes that resemble freckles.
- Glitchdroid created Kou, as a character, in 2015, much earlier than Friday Night Funkin's release.
- Glitchdroid is the voice provider for Kou. 
- Glitchdroid has stated in a tweet that Kou's tight suit was inspired by the plugsuits in Evangelion. 
- Kou may be Japanese, as he says “1, 2, 3! Woo!” In Japanese during Cosmic.
- According to the creator, Kou doesn't understand sexual orientation.
- However, if he did, would identify as pansexual. 
“We are not supposed to feel anything. We are machines.”
― GSU, Pre-Quasar
Government Surveillance Unit who is also known as Government Security Unit or GSU and G-SU for short  is the second opponent of the mod.
GSU is a pale male android with silver hair and cyan eyes. He wears a white, sleeveless tight-suit, similar to KOU's, and long black gloves with dull, white spikes on the knuckles. He also wears black thigh-high boots with white and cyan accents and silver soles. GSU tends to adorn a rather emotionless or uninterested expression on his face, which is reflected by his attitude.
- GSU is another character that Glitchdroid created in 2015, soon after KOU.
- Glitchdroid's significant other is the voice provider for GSU.
- GSU is canonically romantically attracted to KOU, but refuses to admit it due to the fact that humans have conditioned him to believe that robots/androids should not be experiencing human-like feelings and emotions.
- GSU's second song, Quasar, uses the drop from KOU's third song, KOU.
Cameos in other mods
Note: None of these cameos are canon to Kou's story.
- In The Date Week, Kou has a chance to walk by in the background of Perfume and Heartbass alongside Kapi.
- In VS Void, Kou appears in the crowd and on an advertisement screen.
- In VS Hatsune Miku, Kou is seen in the audience holding a glowstick.
- In VS Blueberry, Kou appears on a poster in the mod's background which also happens to be drawn by Glitchdroid.
Space Boy Dialogue
- Ah- guests! Welcome to the observatory!
- May I be of assistance?
- Evil parents? I can't say I've detected any of those around here before.
- Beep bo bop?
- Oh! I was just about to deliver this month's sky report.
- Perhaps I could share some knowledge with you instead!
- I agree! Our universe truly is incredible.
- Most of the data I've gathered has been through space observation and exploration.
- Bop skoo dop?
- Oh, you couldn't tell? I'm an android.
- The Kepler Observation Unit to be exact!
- But you can call me "KOU."
- Hey, friend?
- Would you like to hear some more?
- Alright. You make a convincing argument. I will allow you all to go free for now.
- However, KOU, you must refrain from distributing classified information so freely in the future.
- Of course! I promise to be more cautious from now on.
- And... If you really feel so strongly about this concept of friendship...
- I suppose I could put aside time to consider it as well.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKsjfCb83pw&lc=UgwAnqlIBzoWuHMqQ4l4AaABAg - Scroll To The Comment Section