Friday Night Funkin' Deep-Sea Date is a mod created by myosotisthyme, which consists of four battles against their characters in the lost city of the Atlantis.
“Oh, visitors! It's been a while since we have had guests! Welcome to Atlantis! I hope you enjoy your stay! If you can survive, that is.”
― Anchor, Pre-Sweet Waves, Deep-Sea Dates
Anchor is one of the new characters in Friday Night Funkin' Deep-Sea Date. They are the gatekeeper for Atlantis, and only appear for the song, "Sweet Waves", before passing the microphone to Roro.
Anchor is an anthropomorphized anglerfish with short and puffy seafoam green hair, light green cheeks, small light green skin and horns, two sets of gills on the side of the head, as well as a blue sailor outfit. They have a long dangling lure with two spikes near the end and instead of a light, the lure ends in a hole where Anchor can hold their microphone, acting like an appendage.
“My, my, look what we have here! We finally got ourselves some new challengers! The infamous duo from land have finally arrived. Rumored to be the source to their opponents' troubles.”
― Roro, Pre-Marine, Deep-Sea Dates
Roro is one of the new characters in Friday Night Funkin' Deep-Sea Date. She is the queen of Atlantis, and only appears for the song, "Marine", before passing the mic to Alya begrudgingly.
Roro is a mermaid with an ocean green, seashell-shaped fin tail that covers all of her waist and bust. She has long, wavy teal hair and wears a ton of golden jewelry such as: a necklace with a sharp pendant, two cuff bracelets on each arm, a tiara along with a head chain and a waist ring. She appears to be sitting on a throne, which is carried by two bipedal fishes, a green one, and a gray one.
“Aight, 'K, sure. JK, no thanks. Y'know. This place is so weird. I can just take my helm off and breathe normally. What's up with that?”
― Alya, Pre-Chill, Deep-Sea Dates
Alya is one of the new characters in Friday Night Funkin' Deep-Sea Date. She is a wandering tourist, who mysteriously ended up in Atlantis, and only appears for her song Chill, before handing the mic back to Roro.
Alya has green hair, wears a faded blue baseball cap, and a pair of brown headphones over the cap. She also has sunglasses, as well as a green jacket with white stripes, and a white shirt, with a pattern on it. She also has faded blue pants and sneakers.
Suvarna is a character created by myosotisthyme, added in the new update for Friday Night Funkin' Deep-Sea Date. She was added as part of the new update (alongside Roro's new song, "Trident"). She is a secret character with one song, just like Monster was before the Week 7 Update.
Suvarna is a pink, happy go lucky octopus mermaid with pink short hair. She wears a pair golden, broken handcuffs, a waist ring and a necklace (just like Roro) and a crown. In the middle of her song, she turns into a purple kraken with long violet hair and blank eyes.
- In the background can be seen some character cameos, such as:
- Fred from SpongeBob SquarePants
- A Noob from the game platform ROBLOX
- Oscar from the movie Shark Tale
- A Dracovish from Pokémon
- A Magikarp from Pokémon
- Alya (first song only)
- Undyne from Undertale (second song onward)
- Gawr Gura from Hololive English (second song onward)
- Nitori Kawashiro from Touhou (second song onward)
- Tankman (second song onward)
- Hatsune Miku (second song onward)
- An Among Us Crewmate (second song onward)
- Pompom (second song onward)
- Cirno from Touhou (second song onward)
- The Girl from Lagtrain (second song onward)
- Kureiji Ollie from Hololive Indonesia (second song onward)
- This is one of the few mods with alternative endings.
- Anchor's icon, right and up pose are a reference to the "UwU", "^W^" and ">W<" emoticons.
- Anchor's pronouns are she/he/they.
- Despite being 148 cm (as proven by a hidden file), Anchor is actually taller than Alya.
- Roro is inspired from Nyai roro kidul, an Indonesian myth.
- Roro looks like "Princess Jasmine" too.
- Both Roro and Alya are Indonesians/South-east Asians.
- There exists an unused data file for a song named "queen", which has Roro being apprehended and arrested by police.
- The conversation with Roro right before starting Trident is a reference to the famous Spongebob meme "Is mayonnaise an instrument?"
- Alya was mostly thrown into the mod as a joke.
- Alya was probably built off Pico, as despite being an enemy, her spritesheet shows her facing left and having miss animations.
- Suvarna actually has lore, if you go into Kraken's data folder. This was found in the file named "a":
"Staying hidden under a bunker for █████████ years isn't so bad. I get a little anxious sometimes, especially that we're still in the enemy's territory. What if they found out? Ah.. I got goosebumps just from imagining it.
Roro plans on making Boyfriend her slave in Marine and Trident.
Accuracy on Trident depends on which ending you get.
How long has it been? And what date is it today, I wonder? I've lost track of time, unfortunately.
Where is sister? She's been out for too long. She told me she's going to check out the outside for a "little bit." It's been, what? 400 years? Oh dear, I'm really worried about her. Just because we're goddesses, doesn't mean she can do whatever she wants.. Sigh..
Maybe I should go out. Maybe the war has ended already. Maybe she's still out there, safe and sound.
- Suvarna's song "Kraken" is inspired from Mope Mope by Optie Animation, as said by the creator in one of their tweets.
- It is stated that Ninomae Ina'nis, a Hololive-EN member, was the only inspiration the creator had for Suvarna's design.
- Suvarna's icon is inspired from Ninomae Ina'nis's mascot.
- In one of the creator's tweets, both Roro and Suvarna are confirmed to be demisexual. While Alya and Anchor are both confirmed to be asexual. Anchor is also aromantic.
- One of the text files hidden within the "eight" folder has dialogue intended for Suvarna. The dialogue seemingly implies that Roro is her sister from the Kraken text file.
- Roro plans on making Boyfriend her slave in Marine and Trident.
- Accuracy on Trident depends on which ending you get.
Cameos in other mods
Note: All of these cameos are not canon to Deep Sea Date's story:
- In V.S. Pompom, Anchor and Alya appear from outside a window in BARK! during Pom-Pomeranian.
- In The Date Week, Anchor is one of the possible background cameos, getting pushed around in a fish bowl by Garcello.
- In VS Fizz, Alya appears in the background during Tokens checking her phone.
Sweet Waves DialogueAnchor: Considering you don't have any tickets..
Marine DialogueRoro: (..That's it? And here I am expecting at least a compliment.)
Chill DialogueAlya: (Why did the modder do this. I thought I'm just meant to be a background character?!)