Friday Night Funkin' Flip Side is a mod featuring unused and/or background characters from the original game. Flip-Side will feature seven main weeks, with alternative erect difficulties, a week dedicated to Ethan, and an extra week featuring the rest of the devs. The mod is still ongoing, so either follow the official Twitter account or Discord server for more updates.
Boyfriend is a character created by the FNF Team, and given a fresh new look by Team Flipped! He is the main protagonist in the full mod.
Boyfriend wears a red backwards cap with white highlights, all atop a curved cyan hairdo vaguely resembling his vanilla hair. He also wears a red hoodie branded with the Flip-Side logo, black baggy pants, and blue sneakers.
- Boyfriend's Outfit is based of unused concept art made by EvilSk8er.
- The only difference from the concept art is that it has the Flip-Side logo.
- Flipped BF's Up Pose is a Reference to the Menu Background Design in the Original Game
- His hair color is natural.
Girlfriend is a character created by the FNF Team, and given a fresh new look by Team Flipped!
Girlfriend is a young, light-skinned female with long auburn hair. She wears a form-fitting red dress underneath of a black jacket, black thigh-high heel boots, a black garter belt, golden hoop earrings and a golden necklace. Her fingernails are painted red.
- Girlfriend's Outfit is based on Mommy Mearest Clothes.
- This in itself is a reference to Tankman's dialogue in Guns, in which he refers to Girlfriend as an "ugly, boring little teenager that wears her mom's clothes..."
“I kidnapped- err... Invited you over because I want to sing with you. So what'd ya say, The Boyfriend?”
― Stalker Girl, Untrue Love
Looking for the other Stalker Girl?
Not to be confused with Nekofreak.
Stalker Girl is a character created by the FNF Team, and modded in by Team Flipped. The Stalker Girl, while the Boyfriend and Girlfriend were out doing something, she knocked out Boyfriend, and dragged him back to her bedroom. Will he make it out alive? She is Week 1 in the full mod.
Stalker Girl wears an aqua beanie with black stripes. She has black hair covering up one of her eyes. She also has a pink microphone, with a sticker of a star on it. She also wears a purple shirt, and black pants, as well as black boots.
- Similar to NekoFreak, Stalker Girl is based on a character originally found in the .FLA files for the Mom.
- In the files, there is data for a song named "Heartbreak". There's no song for it, and the only dialogue it has is the scrapped Dadbattle dialogue.
- Heartbreak can still be loaded, but only consists of 8 notes.
- In the beginning of the song, a sample of Chara's ambience can be heard, before going into the actual song.
- Her background, the bedroom, originally went over Pico's background in the demo. The first official Flip-Side background made it a separate background, and has been ever since.
- Kitty's mic is a toy microphone from a play set.
- Canonically, all music from Week 1 is all played through the mic.
“Gimme your clothes-”
― Roy, Spooky Month 4 - Deadly Smiles
Roy is a character created by Sr.Pelo, and modded in by Team Flipped. Roy, while taking a walk Boyfriend and Girlfriend are confronted by the Hatzgang, Roy challenges "The Boyfriend" to a rap battle. Will he win? He is Week 2 in the full mod.
Roy wears a blue baseball cap, with an orange, yellow striped sweater, black pants and black shoes. He is the shortest and leader of the trio. He has light brown curly hair, and has darkened circles just above his black eyes. Roy is typically seen with a large and mischievous grin, most likely up to no good.
- He is the Leader of the Hatzgang.
- In Trick, you can hear the song that plays when the spooky dance is summoned.
- Roy is the second character from Spooky Month to get modded in Friday Night Funkin', aside from Lila.
- Roy's voice actor, Kellen Goff, has also voiced other various characters, including the Fat Thief (another character from Spooky Month), Funtime Freddy from Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location, Diavolo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind's English Dub, and others.
- During Loner, Roy's voice progressively gets more and more high pitched, probably representing him slowly dropping the whole "bully" act after everyone left him alone.
- To add to this, his losing icon in Loner shows his eyes tearing up.
Not to be confused with Pulp
Pumpkin Monster is a character created by the FNF Team, and modded in by Team Flipped. After your vengeful battle with Roy, out of nowhere comes out a monster in the shape of a pumpkin. Everyone has left including your Girlfriend, What do you do? Will you make it out alive? They take the place of Monster in Week 2.
Pumpkin Monster appears as a black inky mass looking like monster with a row of teeth that seems to go around their body and two blood shot eyes. They have a sad jack o' lantern with blood leaking out of it as a body.
- Pumpkin Monster comes from an early unused design found in Monster's files.
- Also included are several other monster designs that were never used. It is unknown at this time if any of these said concepts will be used for Flip-Side.
- Unlike Pulp they are unable to talk.
- Babble uses samples from Earthbound in the instrumental.
- This includes the overdriven guitar sample, which is more well known for being a sample used in Undertale's MEGALOVANIA.
- In a dev QnA on discord, it was confirmed that Pumpkin Monster is, "over a million centimeters tall."
- At the end of the Babble, you can hear the laughter of Kefka Palazzo from the Final Fantasy.
- The same laugh is associated with the creepypasta Sonic.EXE.
- Babble/PM likes to talk to people and likes physical touch but most people are too scared to touch him and/or cant understand him.
- Also, when someone scratches his head, he starts to purr.
- Babble/Pumpkin Monster it's just a nickname for him. He tries to tell people his real name but no one can understand him. He quite literally babbles.
Not to be confused with Another version, see Darnell (Disambiguation)
Darnell is a character originally created by Tom Fulp, which is also the creator of Pico's School, and modded in by Team Flipped. He's Week 3 of the mod, unfortunately accompanied by The Überkids in the second and third songs.
Darnell has tall black hair which swipes up in a sharp arc to the left, and white sclerae with no pupils as a stylistic choice. He wears a purple shirt with bright yellow sleeves and dark blue trousers. He also wears brick red sneakers with golden yellow soles.
- Darnell is a pyromaniac.
- Darnell has uncanonically died a total of 4 times in the Pico series:
- Darnell Plays With Fire - Crushed by a plane; immolated by God with a flamethrower.
- Pico vs. Überkids - Can shoot himself.
- Pico Roulette - Can shoot himself.
- Darnell's voice is actually samples taken from music artist "Tyler the Creator"'s voice.
- The largest Überkid of the three (next to Girlfriend) is nicknamed "Goober."
“Okay, I see you!”
― Carlos, Refresher
Carlos is a character created by Zavemann, based off of the Henchmen. After getting stood up by Mommy Mearest during a rematch, Carlos comes out, and is totally on board with being funked with! Hope Boyfriend doesn't mind the multiple other Henchmen dancing in the back! He will be Week 4 in the full mod.
Carlos looks like a standard Backup Dancer, black horns, black hair, red skin, sunglasses covering their eyes, but what differs them from the rest is the gold tooth in their mouth.
- This mod comes with its own unique reskin, where Boyfriend is doing the Henchmen's dance.
- This only reskins his left pose and right pose, respectively.
- It's also why he is teaching his grooves to Boyfriend.
- Carlos says "side to side" sometimes, instead of left and right, because he is the grooviest man this side of friday.
- Carlos' mod will be the first mod where you actually go against a Henchman, instead of playing as them, or seeing them in the background.
- Despite him having a prominent gold tooth, it's blue in his normal icon.
- Being a Henchman, Carlos very well may only be a few days old. Canonically, confirmed on one of PhantomArcade's streams, the Henchmen are grown in bottles and are 'disposable.'
- Carlos calls Mommy Mearest "Triple M", because her stage name is "Mommy Must Murder".
- Carlos's losing/danger icon looks strikingly similar to the planned death animations for the Henchmen.
- It is unclear if the creator intended for this, or if it was simply a coincidence.
- Carlos sings the Konami code near the end of 'Refresher' (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start)
- Carlos can't be corrupted because his grooves are too funky.
- Carlos is/was canonically friends with Alvin, Bonjangles, Bubbles, And Micheal from the FNF HD mod
“I will dry you out.”
Ethan is one of the main coders for Flip-side, and modded in by Team Flipped. Ethan has no feet. Cry about it! He's the main antagonist in Week Σ (Sigma).
Ethan wears a black Adidas branded hoodie with black sweatpants. He has dark brown hair with black eyes. He also has a flipflop, with green footers. He has no feet.
- Ethan is the main coder for Flip-Side.
- He has no feet.
- He was originally a troll as "fake" silhouette for Week 3
- His right pose is based on the "POG" (Play of the Game) meme.
- His icon is from an actual picture of him when he was a baby
- The same baby picture can be seen in the background of "Go Fish"
- The third song "Go Fish" takes place in Bubbleapolis, and includes several small references.
- Gus from Insaniquarium Deluxe appears to the left above Ethan.
- A bootlegged Spongebob appears above Boyfriend accompanied by Gary.
Simply EJ is one of the developers of Flip-side, and modded in by Team Flipped. He has 1 song exclusive to the freeplay menu.
EJ wears a Green Shirt with Blue Pants and a White Belt. He has brown hair with black eyes.
- Freakish Neko as a song is in reference to people mistaking Stalker Girl for Nekofreak, hence the name.
- This is more apperent near the end of the song, where multiple voices shout "Oh my god it's Nekofreak!" These voices are actually of the devs FreshWoomy, SpikeTheRapper, and LuckiiBean.
- Stalker Girl also appears in the background of Freakish Neko.
- The default Samsung ringtone can be heard followed by the Discord disconnect sound. This is EJ reciving a phone call and having to mute or disconnect from calls, a small joke from the devs that made it's way into the song.
Begwhi02 is one of the composers of Flip-side, and modded in by Team Flipped. He's going to have 1 song exclusive to the freeplay menu.
Mall Santa is a background character that appears during Week 5 on the OG game. He was supposed to be Week 5 Antagonist on the mod.
Mall Santa is a stubby, old man with a long, white beard playing the role of a typical mall Santa. He wears a typical Santa suit with a black belt and golden buckle, white gloves, maroon shoes and a stocking cap. He is seen with a worried expression at all times while sweating profusely.
Vine Monster is a character created by the FNF Team. They would take the place of Monster in Week 5.
The Background Freaks are background characters that appear during Week 6 on the OG game. They were supposed to be Week 6 Antagonists on the mod.
The Background Freaks are based on anime-esque female high school students. They are a group of female high schoolers consisting of multiples of the same two girls. They appear as young, light-skinned girls in blue Japanese school uniforms with short, pleated skirts, white leg warmers and black shoes. One has brown hair tied into a low ponytail with a magenta scrunchie, and the other has short black hair.
Skittles was supposed to be Week 7 Antagonist on the mod.
Skittles is a solider in the Henchmen faction. Without his uniform he wears white shoes, a white hat with a electricity symbol on it, baggy pants with a belt, a black shirt, and finger-less gloves. When he joins the Henchmen he wears a helmet that has a spike on it and has shades on, cool boots, black pants and a clothing that has white stripes on the middle making a X
- There are plans to have Carlos star in a tutorial remix, but this is planned for a later release.
- As of the current release, Week 2 has the most songs in Flip-Side.
- The Third Song of Week 2 was originally called "Curfew", but it was changed to "Loner", as originally everyone but Roy went home because it was past Curfew.
- A large portion of the cameos in Week 3 are randomly chosen characters from users of the Flip-Side Discord server.
- Some notable cameos include Xigmund from Martian Mixtape, Luckii from V.S. Luckii, and Alto from V.S. Alto, all of which are characters from seperate mods created by some of the Flip-Side devs (HThagomizer, LuckiiBean, and Rileyverse in order.)
Cameos in other mods
- In Baddies, Kitty Killjoy appears in the background of the third part of Collapse. Like Kia, she is behind a riot shield.
2.5 (Normal & Hard)
fuck im out.
omg it’s nekofreak!IS NOT NEKOFREAK
Note: Babble has no dialogue.
Untrue Love DialogueStalker Girl: Alrighty then, it's a date! <3
Lolcat DialogueBoyfriend: ...
Heartbreak DialogueBoyfriend: *gulping beep*
Bully DialogueRoy: ...
???: Hey heyyy! Skid! Come outside!Roy: Don't. You. DARE.
Loner DialogueRoy: You want another rap battle? Fine. Call that your last meal loser.
Darnell DialogueDarnell: You know what it is!
Pyro DialogueDarnell: Hell yeah. It's time to turn up the heat!
Boom DialogueDarnell: Les' do one last song before we ditch this flaming hunk-of-junk.
Freakish Neko DialogueEJ: ...
Chimp Out DialogueBoyfriend: blip blap bibby bop bop
Pig Out DialogueBoyfriend: more beeping noises
Go Fish DialogueEthan: time to go fish
Refresher DialogueCarlos: ...Your a real smooth talker, you know that?
Untrue Love Dialogue (Old)Stalker Girl: Alrighty then, it's a date!
- Full Mod (Gamejolt)
- Full Mod (Gamebanana)
- VS Carlos DEMO (Gamebanana)
- Vs Stalker Girl DEMO (Gamebanana)
- Vs. Stalker Girl (Gamebanana) (Old & Unused) (Privated)
- Streamer Build/Ethan Build