Friday Night Funkin' Minus is a mod created by IagoAnims, where the character's designs are based on their icons. The mod is still a W.I.P., since most Week 5 sprites, and all Week 6 and 7 sprites have not been added yet.
Beta Boyfriend is based off of his original icon that was used until the week 4 update(although you can switch between the normal icon and the old icon in the Week 4 update onwards by pressing the 9 key). His skin and cap are a bright neon yellow and he has round baby blue eyes. He wears black fingerless gloves, black pants and wears a pair of black and white sneakers. He is voiced by Vachildish
Blue Boyfriend is based off of the current BF icon. He is primarily blue and wears an open orange street-jacket with light orange ruffles and stripes, as well as large black sneakers with an orange trim. He's voiced by MeepMemez.
Mean Boyfriend is based off of the very first Boyfriend concept icon, as seen in the "grafix.png" file in Friday Night Funkin'. He is purplish light blue and wears a red cap, a black jacket with purple highlights and a large zipper, and black and red sneakers with large laces. While singing the right note, he gains sunglasses. He is voiced by JordopriceVA
Minus Girlfriend is crimson red and wears a black one piece suit with a white minus symbol on the chest, fishnet stockings, black gloves and black high-heel shoe boots. Her face is always seen with a small blush. Her old design made just simple changes while her new look makes her have a more distinct appearance when compared to OG Girlfriend.
Skid & Pump
Minus Skid & Pump are the antagonists of Week 2. Skid is a monster appearing to be made of some ink-like substance (minus his head), who is controlling Pump with two strings; the latter appearing to be a lifeless puppet in this mod. Pump's eyes are off, one of them looking up while the other is looking down. Pump has a fully orange pumpkin head and wears black clothes with black and white shoes.
Minus Pico is the antagonist of Week 3. His hair and skin is colored a light green, his hair pointed upwards to resemble a dinosaur's spikes. He wears a full body dark green dinosaur costume with the hood down, a long tail with light green spikes and a zip at the front. He carries a UZI in his right hand and a microphone with his left.
Minus Mommy Mearest is the antagonist of Week 4. She is the mother of Minus Girlfriend. She is pinkish-purple, wearing a black top with belt buckles, sleeves that go up to her wrists, and multiple yellow stripes. She has long(?) sleeved pants and boots, the latter also having belt buckles. She has a microphone in her left hand.
Minus Monster is the final antagonist of Week 5 and of his unused song meant for Week 2, now re added with the Week 7 Update. He is, as the name implies, a large monster with a head shaped like a lemon. His arms and legs are very big, and his fingers are like claws. His legs and the bottom of his arms have a static-like texture. He sports a ripped strait-jacket with a large blood stain on it. His pupils are big and there is what appears to be blood at the bottom of his eyes. He also has very large teeth forming a eerily large smile.
Minus Senpai is an upcoming character in the Minus Mod, his appearance is currently unknown with the only thing being confirmed being that he's a prince, along with a little picture of his angry face leaked by Iago.
Minus Spirit is an upcoming character in the Minus Mod, his appearance is unknown for now, but from his silhouette he appears to be bipedal unlike his original appearence.
Tankmanis an upcoming character in the Minus Mod. His appearance seems to be based off of the literal interpretation of the name "Tankman", gaining a bulkier build than his original, outfitted with arm cannons, and tank treads on his feet. Of course, his redesign still keeps his signature tank top.
- FNF Minus is a mod where all of the characters are based off their icons, which explains the existence of three different Boyfriend versions.
- The Beta BF is based on the old icon, still available when 9 is pressed on the keyboard.
- The Mean BF is based on the placeholder icon in pre-development, it can still be found in the game files in the image grafix.png along with unused icons of Daddy Dearest.
- Despite having no icon, the Henchmen have received the minus treatment, making them the first character(s) that has been redesigned without an actual icon to base it off of.
- In the death animation on Mean BF, it can be seen that that there’s a bone in his hat, suggesting that the hat may be a part of him. It could either be a joke or a mistake because Iago was either tired or distracted while making the death animation.
- Minus Zardy is a girl.
- There's a mistake involving Mean BF's death animation, with his blue balls being misplaced. They aren't misplaced on his FLA file however.
- The Minus mod is one of the few mods that include characters that aren't scared by thunder in Week 2, and that is Mean BF here.
- The names of the weeks are changed:
- Goth GF Tutorial
- Ex Rockstar
- Creepy Month
- Dino Pico
- Rider Mommy
- Gentleman Tutorial Ft. Prince
- As of March 31st 2021, most FLA files for the mod are available to download. Minus Daddy Dearest and Skid & Pump are not available due to Iago losing their files.
- Strangely, there is an image of the Drip Goku meme in the Beta Boyfriend's flash file.
- The thing coming out of Minus Monster at the end of his up pose is some sort of parasite that possessed him.
- This is one of the few mods where you can select a character without changing the normal BF assets.
- This mod might as well soon be reskins and remixes, which will soon be added in the future at some point.
- Minus Senpai is a prince as stated in an interview with IagoAnims.
- Minus Monster's teeth are white despite them being yellow in his icon.
- Similarly, Minus Mommy Mearest's eyes are yellow despite them being white in her icon, although this was probably done so that she matches with Daddy Dearest.
- Minus Monster's full up pose isn't normally seen in-game since his idle animation or any other note cuts it off.
- Minus Daddy Dearest's eyes being hidden in his idle animation could be a reference to his icon in the "grafix.png" file, the same one where Mean BF came from, as his icon there is missing eyes as well.
- Iago has confirmed that beta boyfriend is not wearing a shirt.
- Suprisingly, minus Pico doesn't use his mic, despite him being seen holding it. It is most likely either an error by the developer or they simply wanted to make him not use it.
- In a Twitch live stream, the creator jokingly stated that Blue Boyfriend's name was "Idiot".
- In the original FNF files, Pico's assets are named Pico_FNF_Assetss.png. It's either part of the reason Minus Pico is a lizard, or it's a coincidence.
- Minus Pico was made Australian due to an audition made by the voice actor "Draven Of The Rift" according to IagoAnims in this tweet.
- Beta Boyfriend shat himself in the 5th grade.
- The Dearest family including Goth GF, Ex Rockstar, and Rider Mommy are confirmed to be British.
- Minus Senpai is always fancy.
- William (Lemon) is canonically Skid's father.
- In a Tweet by IagoAnims, Minus Girlfriend's thighs were not supposed to be thickened. It was accidental because of IagoAnims's lack of anatomy skills in drawing but eventually decided to leave it as it is, because a lot of people liked her design.
Cameos in other mods
Note: All of these Cameos are not canon to the Minus Mod's story.
- In V.S. Static Mod, Beta BF appears driving a car in the background during Genesis. Plus, both him and Minus GF appear in a TV screen in the background during Prime time.
- In V.S. Jester Mod, Beta BF appears in the audience, cheering Boyfriend on.
- In The Weeg Mod, Mean BF appears in the background of Week A.
- In V.S. Pompom, Beta BF appears in the crowd in BARK! from song 2 onwards.
- In VS Violastro, Beta BF appears in the top right crowd.
- In Friday Night Funkin': Soft, Beta BF appears in the train in chapter 3.
NOTE: This section is meant for artwork done by people who worked on the Minus mod (mainly IagoAnims or friends of his).