Notices: Work In Progress, Upcoming Content.
Want to know more about Herobrine?
Not To Be Confused With Vs. Herobrine
― Nearly every patch note for Minecraft, except 1.17. and 1.18
“Fine, Herobrine is real, and he gains spooky vengeance haunting power whenever you remind me of him. Only way to stop him is to ignore him.”
Herobrine is an alleged ghost that lurks within Minecraft. He is known to be one of the known icons in the early Minecraft days despite his existence being debunked.
Herobrine is a human entity, with the player skin of Steve but with bright white eyes that glow, as if they are a light source (compare with the eyes of endermen, spiders and cave spiders; which appear brighter than their surroundings without actually emitting light).
Gameplay Mechanics - Hurt Notes & Crashes
- Hurt Notes: During Danger, there will be black notes with red outlines. Hitting them will take away some health bar of BF.
- Miss = Crash: If you play on Hardcore difficulty, making any mistakes will cause the mod client/game to crash.
- Herobrine was first stated to have been removed in Beta 1.6.6. This was a joke, referring to Notch partially removing the human mob's essential code, making it unspawnable within Minecraft.
- Herobrine is said to be Notch's dead brother, somehow embedded into Minecraft. However, this is also completely false in reality, as Notch does not have a brother.
- As Minecraft passed on from Notch to Jeb, the chance of Herobrine appearing in an update was unclear. On 22 August 2012, Dinnerbone, current joint developer of Minecraft, tweeted "We have no plans at all to add herobrine. I doubt this will ever change."
- Herobrine has appeared in several official Mojang images as an in-joke.
- Notch posted on Twitter about the subject of Herobrine, early in his popularity boost. In reply to a tweet asking if Herobrine was a real entity in-game, Notch replied saying that he was not, but that there "might be soon". This confirmed there was no Herobrine, but suggested "Notch planned to add him at a later date".
- The removed Herobrine patch notes no longer appear on Mojang's Changelogs starting with Version 1.17 and above
- Herobrine was once a playable skin on the Legacy Console editions of Minecraft within Skin Pack 1. His skin was removed in Patch 1.67 due to people using the skin to troll others into thinking that Herobrine was in the game.
- From the original creepypasta, Herobrine creates random constructions, such as sand pyramids in oceans and long 2×2 tunnels. He also cuts off all the leaves from trees.
- Herobrine is also stated to light areas with redstone torches.
- For one reason or another, the menu background's dimensions aren't the same as the original dimensions.
- This explains why the menu background is cut off in-game.
- The original design for Herobrine was made by TheMaskedChris, creator of Starlight Mayhem and Vs. eteled.
- Little Herobrine audio originates from a video called Slender Man Versus Herobine: Epic Rap Battles Of Cancer.
- In Danger, the hurt notes are straight up from Psych Engine.
- In Danger (Hardcore mode) there is a wall of text made by hurt notes that reads "Sugoma Dik" which is Kid Amogus backwards :)
- The Friday Night Cursed Vs. Herobrine mod was created by the team Untitled Funkers (the same people that created Vs. Slenderman and Fear).
- The song Danger has a total of 1,006 notes.
- he seed for the world used in the original screenshot is
478868574082066804, with the player's position at x=5.06, y=71, z=-298.54. The screenshot was made using Alpha 1.0.16_02.
Herobrine: COME TO THE DANCE FLOOR
WE'LL HAVE A NICE DANCE