Warnings: Content Warning, Spoilers
Notices: Outdated Page, Stub, Unfinished Mod, Fan Favorite
FNF Hotline 024 is a mod created by Saruky and the Potions N' Spices Team. It stars Nikku: an alien who crash-landed on Earth and is on the run from a secret agency that experimented on her. The mod was first shown off as a demo released for the F3 FunkJam on September 6th, 2021. Soon after on April 24, 2022, the demo received The Medley Update; a huge update containing 24 different tracks and loads of lore contained within an ARG. It currently totals to about 2 hours of content, and will still be receiving new content such as new tracks and a Story Mode.
[Do note that the shaders used for a particular track have been known to crash the game on some devices. To fix this issue, go into the Options menu, select graphics and uncheck "enable shaders".]
“Look, it's reallyyy hard to explain, but please, just leave. This is where i hide.”
― Nikku, Hyperfunk (Removed)
Nikku Morioka is a lost space girl hiding from a secret agency that used her for experiments for years after crash-landing on Earth until running away and seeking a home inside of an abandoned mall. She is the main opponent of the mod, where Boyfriend happens upon her hiding spot and they rap battle to solve their dispute.
Nikku is a lanky humanoid alien with grayish white skin, dark red bowl-cut hair and large black eyes. She appears to have no neck; her sphere-shaped head floating above her body. She wears sleek black clothing with a red belt and pointed red shoes, along with a black backwards ball cap with an orange brim and circular insignia. Armageddon and other pieces of art show her with three eyelashes along the bottom of her eyes.
Nikku floats above the ground, seemingly unaffected by gravity. When she sings, the brim and insignia on her ball cap change color to match that of the note she's singing.
She has two alternate outfits. Her first one consists of a black jacket with pink sleeves, a white number "24", and a pink zipper. She has blue shorts and socks, and has black and pink sneakers with untied laces. Her hair is shown to be rather puffy, having thick bangs and two ahoges.
Her other alternate outfit (which is the only skin available in Killer Queen) is based on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, featuring an iconic cap and coat with various gold accents. Her inner outfit consists of a hot pink shirt exposing her belly and pants with lined designs. Her pupils are also the same color and style as her innerwear.
- Nikku's species communicates telepathically; they can replicate any sound, but they have no voices of their own. She uses this ability in the mod to mimic the vocals of other characters.
- Nikku does have a mouth, it is just rarely used. She mostly uses it to eat her favorite food, empanadas.
- Her mouth can be seen during her "Ugh!" animation during Hyperfunk, as well as on one of her miss animations during Armageddon.
- Nikku dislikes coffee.
- Despite it being called "Killer Queen", Nikku's sprites are a reference to Jotaro and not Kira.
Gogo is an original character made for the mod. Currently, not much is known about her and her girlfriend Momo or what her role in the mod’s plot is. She is the playable character of the extra song Soda Disco Funk.
Gogo appears to be of a similar species to Nikku. She wears purple shirt under black overalls with a white square in place of a pocket. She wears purple pants and a black belt with a yellow buckle. Her skin is grayish white, similar to Nikku, and her hair is spiky and black. She has red, square shaped eyes with black irises, and three eyelashes along the bottom of her eyes. She also has freckles lining the bottom of her face.
- Gogo and Momo are dating.
“How ya doin', Sugartits?”
Momo is an original character made for the mod. Currently, not much is known about her and her girlfriend Gogo or what her role in the mod’s plot is. She is the “opponent” of the extra song Soda Disco Funk.
Momo has no upper wear, save for a black bra shaped like triangles. The bra connects at her neck with a choker. She wears red baggy pants. She has brown hair which is half down and half in double buns. Her eyes have small, round, black pupils, with two thin eyelashes in the corners. She has freckles, much like Gogo, though they're under her eyes rather than her mouth.
- Gogo and Momo are dating.
- Due to SugarRatio basing her sprites on a slightly off-model drawing, Momo's chest size in-game is larger than Saruky intended.
Rude#1 is a character who appears in the mod. He is the opponent of the extra song Armageddon.
Rude#1 appears as a tall figure who wears a grayish black varsity jacket with white buttons and red sleeves, with a white shirt underneath. On the back of the jacket is the Angry Faic symbol. His head is completely round, and his face has a constantly angry expression. As a playable character, he wields a cereal box. His shading is represented with lines.
- He was inspired by various things, such as /v/-tan and Angry Faic. As noted by both Saruky and BAnims, he is not related to /v/-tan, and unlike /v/-tan, Rude#1 isn't racist.
- Nikku and Rude#1 are dating.
- He has the ability to enter the leave comics shown in this video.
- He is the only one of the four main characters in the Medley demo to not have unique menu art, as the icon for Armageddon just reuses Nikku and Rude#1's sprites for that level.
Clips is a character from Team Potions'n'Spices' currently-upcoming Friday Night Funkin': Moonlight mod. She is a deposed potion seller who wishes to find and kill Boyfriend in order to use his flesh as potion ingredients. She is the playable character of the secret song Nightland.
- Hotline 024 marks her first appearance in a mod despite her being conceived around March 2021, long before development began on Hotline.
See also: ENA (disambiguation).
“I'm horrendously sorry, but I've been assigned to a sacred mission, and I ought to make haste!”
― ENA, Temptation Stairway
ENA is a character created by Joel G, and the protagonist of the ENA series. She is the playable (and only) character of the secret song Uncanny Valley.
ENA wears a light beige collared t-shirt with lederhosen suspenders and a dark gray skirt. Her skin is dual-colored with the left side blue and the right yellow. The left side of her body is polygonal while the right is smooth. Not only that, but her eyes are different shapes, with the left being a diamond and the right being a semicircle. Her mouth is on the left side of her face. Her hair is two different lengths; the blue side is longer while the yellow side is shorter. She frequently changes her face and the color of her body depending on her mood.
- In ENA's poses she changes her form.
- Left is Drunk ENA, Down is Full Sadness ENA, Up is Demon ENA, and Right is Depressed ENA.
“*unintelligible stock scream*”
― Xigmund, Martian Mixtape
Xigmund is the main opponent of Martian Mixtape. He is the opponent of the secret song Extraterrestrial.
Want to learn more about Xigmund?
Xigmund looks the same as he does in his original mod: green skin, purple jumpsuit, yellow pauldrons, with his unique 3-fingered hands and bean shaped head. Though he's driving his UFO through space as he's furiously singing with Nikku.
- He was included in the mod because Saruky loves Xigmund and Martian Mixtape just that much.
“I haven't written in a while. I guess it's better late than never to express what I've been feeling lately. I'd share everything right now, but... I'd have to collect my thoughts first.”
― Boo, Boo's Blog
Boo is the main opponent of FNF: Don’t Get Spooked. She is the opponent of the secret song Satellite Panic.
Want to learn more about Boo?
Boo looks almost identical to her appearance from her original mod; blue/pink outline, hood-shaped head. Strangely, her blue tail is missing from her appearance here.
- After the events of her songs, Boo disappears and flees. There's more past that point, however Nikku isn't involved in any of it, as it's mainly connected to Boo's own storyline.
Main Article: VS. Impostor.
Tomongus is a Rivals of Aether Workshop character created by FungiWizard for April Fool’s Day. He’s an alternate version of another of FungiWizard’s Workshop OCs named Tomo that started out as a joke emote. He is the opponent of the secret song Sussy Pussy.
- Tomongus is actually a small hamster mechanic; the crewmate-looking body is merely a mech.
“Look Pim. I know it's our job to help this guy and everything, but I think this guy's a lost cause. He's obviously made up his mind, why don't we just cut our losses and get outta here?”
― Charile, Desmond's Big Day Out
Charlie is one of the main protagonists from the Adult Swim show Smiling Friends. He, along with his co-worker Pim, works at the titular Smiling Friends; a charity organization dedicated to helping people smile. He is the “opponent” of the secret song Close Chuckle.
“This is gonna be great, Charlie! I love helping kids. I love kids, Charlie. I LOVE KIDS!!!”
― Pim, Desmond's Big Day Out
Pim is one of the main protagonists of the Adult Swim show Smiling Friends. He, along with his co-worker Charlie, works at the titular Smiling Friends; a charity organization dedicated to helping people smile. He is the playable character of the secret song Close Chuckle.
“You have to work hard to convince people that you're both fun and worthwhile... I'm confident that we can all really grow this club before we graduate!”
― Monika, Doki Doki Literature Club!
Main Article: Doki Doki Takeover.
Monika (モニカ Monica) is the main antagonist of Doki Doki Literature Club!; a seemingly normal dating sim that is actually a psychological horror game. She is one of the opponents of the secret song Deep Poems.
“You must be willing to open up to your readers, exposing your vulnerabilities and showing even the deepest reaches of your heart.”
― Yuri, Doki Doki Literature Club!
Main Article: Doki Doki Takeover.
Yuri (ユリ) is one of the main characters in Doki Doki Literature Club!. She is one of the opponents of the secret song Deep Poems.
See also: Majin Sonic (disambiguation).
Mazin Sonic is a strange version of Sonic from one of Sonic CD’s secret Sound Test images. He is the opponent of the secret song Fun is Infinite.
Mazin Sonic is similar to normal Sonic but with a soft blue hue throughout his body and a deformed human-like face with a constant smile, similar to the secret screen in Sonic CD. Mazin makes his appearance on a TV with a microphone and his appearance is somewhat illuminated.
- Mazin is a different entity from Majin Sonic although its origin is still the same as it is from the secret screen of Sonic CD.
- His losing icon is based on the Moai emoji.
“Everything God does has a purpose in life. It doesn't matter if it's good or not, Nikku. You shouldn't question what God does. They created all of us with a purpose. Do you understand?”
― Matzushii, mother
Matzushii is Nikku’s mother and the last hidden opponent of the mod. Her song, Astral Projection, can be accessed by completing a portion of the mod's ARG, which gives a secret code to input on the keypad menu. The secret videos depict her as a worshiper, and later an agent, of a malevolent entity known as Asmodeux, the Fake God.
Matzushii has white skin and pointed features, like other Polygurians; however, her body is much more segmented by comparison, being comprised of a head, a torso, and two detached hands. She wears a bright red suit jacket over a white button-down shirt and a black tie. Her right hand holds a phone, and she has an "X" in the place of her right eye. Her "hair," which the video series reveals to be some sort of headgear of religious significance, makes her head resemble an apple.
Partway through Astral Projection, Matzushii takes on a distorted form with a slew of new twisted animations, inspired by rendering errors, Windows screensavers, and other forms of body horror.
- Matzushii's appearance was heavily inspired by the ENA series.
- Astral Projection’s instrumental contains voice clips at the start - "Help me." played forwards followed by "This is my domain. There's no turning back." played backwards.
- The outline of Matzushii's head is meant to resemble an apple. Relatedly, her original name was "MacOS".
Fabs is one of the developers for the mod. For whatever reason, his internet persona has a character spritesheet and XML in the mod's files.
Fabs' persona is a mouthless, blue humanoid with black shoes, black cat ears, and floating limbs. He also wields a gun.
- Fabs is actually the opponent used in Uncanny Valley. However, he is completely offscreen for the song's duration and does not get any turns.
“Okayyyyy... But if you can't help me... I'M GONNA FUCKING SHOOT MYSELF AND MAKE YOU TWO WATCH.”
― Desmond, Desmond's Big Day Out
Desmond is a character from the Adult Swim show Smiling Friends. He appears in the background of the secret song Close Chuckle.
Hyperfunk Dialogue (Removed)Boyfriend: Wait, what?
- This mod shares a song name with Friday Night Funkin’: Antipathy, that being Overdrive.
- Sussy Pussy is in 3D, likely referencing the upcoming Among Us VR.
- Broadcasting references the Local58 analog horror YouTube channel, where it portrays the moon as an ominous entity.
Hotline 024 samples a large number of voices from other Friday Night Funkin' mods.
- Broadcasting has motifs of...
- Dreamscape by 009 Sound System
- Rainbow Tylenol by Kitsune^2.
- World is Mine by ryo ft. Hatsune Miku
- Mirror Magic has motifs of...
- Fandomania has motifs of...
- Megalovania from Undertale
- Waters of Nazareth by Justice
- Rex Duodecim Angelus from Homestuck
- Other Friends from Steven Universe
- Among Us Trap Remix by Leonz
- Stronger Than You (Sans cover)
- Down to the Bone by JT Music
- Black from Homestuck
- I Can't Fix You (FNAF Sister Location Song) by The Living Tombstone
- It's Been So Long (FNAF 2 Song) by The Living Tombstone
- Discord - Eurobeat Brony (Remix) by The Living Tombstone
- Hot Garbage by Shad and Soufon
- Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans from Undertale
- Why...? from Inverted Fate
- Bibulus from SpongeSwap
- Revenge by CaptainSparklez and TryHardNinja / REVENGE by Ore
- Prepare to Burn from SpongeSpin
- Sunslammer from Homestuck
- Green Hill Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog
- Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Bopeebo from Friday Night Funkin'
- Dadbattle Friday Night Funkin'
- Vriska's theme from Homestuck
- Theme Song from Rick and Morty
- Sugarcrush has motifs of...
- Let Mom Sleep from Jet Set Radio
- Back 2 Back from Sonic Rush
- CORE from Undertale
- “This is a certified hood classic”
- Smoke Weed Everyday by Snoop Dogg
- 7 GRAND DAD Reaction - Vinesauce Joel
- AIN’T NOTHIN’ LIKE A FUNKY BEAT by Lethal League Blaze
- Hello by OMFG
- “I'm Not Your Daddy I'm Your Grandpa” - Biff Chitlins
- “Oh no, our table it’s broken!”
- “Damn Daniel ar ar ar”
- Toxic by Brittany Spears
- One More Time by Daft Punk
- "Who's been drawing dicks!?" - Vinesauce Joel
- Bangarang by Skrillex
- We Are Number One from LazyTown
- Bruh Sound Effect #2
- Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65
- Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans from Undertale
- Calamari Inkantation from Splatoon
- Gangnam Style by PSY
- "Eekum Bokum" - Inugami Korone
- Sans Dialogue Sound from Undertale
- Crank That by Soulja Boy
- Summertime by Maggie and Nyan
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk
- Doin' Your Mom by Ray William Johnson
- Beautiful Girl by Sean Kingston
- DK Rap from Donkey Kong 64
- Drowning from Sonic the Hedgehog
- Eggman’s Announcement from Sonic Adventure 2 Real-Time Fandub
- Loud Nigra Scream
- Fading from Smoke 'em Out Struggle
- Harlem Shake by Baauer
- Rude Buster from Deltarune
- Spamton from Deltarune
- Chirumiru Cirno
- Jack Black defines Octagon from Sesame Street
- Dame Tu Cosita by El Chombo
- Bonfire by Childish Gambino
- Lose Yourself by Eminem
- Men in Black by Will Smith
- Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson
- The Concept of Love by Jet Set Radio Future
- Meet the Flintstones from The Flintstones
- Among Us Trap Remix
- Megalovania from Undertale
- Killer Queen has motifs of...
- Diamond is Unbreakable -Main Theme- from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OST
- il vento d'oro from Golden Wind: Overture
- Stardust Crusaders from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders OST
- BLOODY STREAM from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation
- Expurgated has motifs of...
- Improbable Outset (vocals + inst.) and Expurgation (instrumental only) from the Tricky Mod
- Ballistic from Vs. Whitty.
- Powerhouse B by Raymond Scott, more famously known in the community as Calliope in Madness Combat
- MissingNo from Friday Night Funkin' Lullaby
- Genocide from vs. Tabi Ex-Boyfriend
- R.A.M from VS. Hex.
- crystallized from vs. Camellia
- Fading from Smoke 'em Out Struggle (vs. Garcello)
- Ukiyo and Earworm from vs. Cassette Girl
- Zavodila from Mid-Fight Masses
- Manifest from vs. Sky
- Crucify from Friday Night Fever
- A.G.O.T.I and Promenade from Entity
- GOD EATER and Thunderstorm from the Shaggy Mod
- Endless from vs. Sonic.EXE
- Good Enough and Animal from Hazy River
- Some vocals of Ron, Bob, Eteled and Smiler can be heard.
- Soda Disco Funk has motifs of...
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk
- Sussy Pussy has motifs of...
- Animal from Hazy River
- Among Us trap remix.
- Deep Poems has motifs of...
Cameos in other mods
Note: All of these cameos are not canon to the Nikku's story.
- In Vs. Beepie Nikku can be seen in the crowd during Stalker.
- In Lofi Funkin Nikku's head can be seen in the title screen.
ENA: I'm horrendously sorry, but I've been assigned to a sacred mission, and I ought to make haste!
ENA: CHEESE AND RICE, MOONY!
Puzzles and Secrets
Disclaimer: The information in the secrets is presented in a highly ambiguous way. As a result of this, interpretations of said information are speculative. Additionally, Saruky has stated that Hotline 024 itself has a different canon from Sunset Hills, which means that information presented in the secrets may not be canon to the mod.
The puzzle begins with the keypad, which can be accessed by clicking on the lock in the lower-right corner of the Extra menu. The keypad accepts four-digit codes; by inputting "2480" (the number seen on a poster in the background during FANDOMANIA), the player will be taken to fun.png, which reveals nine more numbers to input.
Inputting any of the eight codes around the border will lead the player to a bonus song:
- Nightland: 2448
- Uncanny Valley: 5141
- Extraterrestrial: 2020
- Satellite Picnic: 2151
- Sussy Pussy: 1921
- Close Chuckle: 1391
- Deep Poems: 8989
- Fun is Infinite: 6120
- sunset_hills.mp3, a relaxed melody roughly 1:54 in length. Notably, it contains leitmotifs from "Astral Projection."
- -.png, a short handwritten note directing its recipient to "find the truth." This note is likely written by Nikku's sister, as the initials of the signer are consistent with hers (Yokki Morioka).
- memory.png, an ink blot-like image with text seeming to be a riddle and a code at the bottom. The code at the bottom is part of a YouTube video's URL; when input, it leads to a video titled "mother", where a young Nikku and her mother discuss the nature of God.
Following the links in the description of this video lead to another video, "found," a short monologue from an unknown speaker regarding how the listener can't hide forever; and an Imgur album containing a single image and additional codes to use for the keypad menu:
- "0024" takes the player to an image of a family portrait of Nikku, Yokki (Both in shadow), their mother, and a tall, dark-haired man with sunglasses who is likely their father. Supplementary information has identified the man as Incognimus.
- "7154" takes the player to an image depicting a lone figure standing underneath a starry sky as a massive spherical entity gazes down at them. It is captioned "The Fake God."
- "1566" takes the player to a bloodied, eyeless close-up of a Polygurian's face. This is the only secret image where no music plays. Waiting long enough on this screen will cause small eyes to appear on the image. The figure depicted in this image is likely Yokki, as their position in the game files is in a folder with her name.
- "2119" leads to the secret song Astral Projection.
Further secrets can be found by examining the game's files more thoroughly. With the option to show hidden files and folders enabled, another folder within "arch_sunset_hills", named "The Truth is Always Hidden," can be seen. This folder in turn contains a few more files of interest:
- Always Hidden.txt, which contains an ASCII art of what appears to be Matzushii.
- armageddon.png, which shows an outline of Incognimus with an insignia resembling Matzushii's head over his face. By adjusting the contrast, a second code for a YouTube URL, which leads to another video titled "Prophecy," may be found. This depicts the creation myth of the setting and gives light to the rise of the malevolent entity known as Asmodeux, the Fake God.
- signals.png, which depicts a young Yokki standing under a spotlight. Similar to armageddon.png, another code that leads to another video, also titled "Signals," can be found here. The video depicts an unknown speaker, likely Yokki, urging Nikku to remember what she has forgotten and flee to save her own life.
The last known secret was found on May 1st, after several days of searching by StickyBM (https://www.youtube.com/c/StickyBM) . He was able to locate an Easter egg in the files of the music: the songs "Memories," "Fatal Shot," "Sunset Hills," "Astral Projection," and the backing music of "Signals," when combined and overlaid in a certain way, revealed an image in their spectrogram of a young Nikku and Yokki sitting beside one another. In response to this discovery, the next day, Saruky uploaded a video titled "lacuna." The video again depicts a young Nikku, pondering about her missing father and her mother watching the static on TV. As she goes to ask Yokki about what's going on, she is accosted by her mother, who appears to be undergoing some horrific transformation. Undeterred, she finds Yokki in her room, but as she's about to relay what she knows, the video cuts off, and an unknown speaker mocks Nikku for being unable to recall her past.The following day, Saruky publicly released the "Signals" video, and three days after that, "Prophecy" was publicly released as well. "mother" remains unlisted for the time being.
- Rougly translated from the binary code found in the Temptation Stairway captions
- According to The Cutting Room Floor, this roughly translates to: "Infinite fun. Sega Enterprises. - Mazin Picture"