“I came here to replace you.”
― Jack, Identity
Jack, better known as the Impostor Boyfriend, is a character that appears in The Impostor Boyfriend Saga as the main antagonist.
The Impostor Boyfriend's human form appears exactly like the normal Boyfriend, with no difference that gives him away.
During The Dreadful Nightmare, the Imposter Boyfriend appears as all black, but white for his mouth.
The Imposter Boyfriend does not have a Christmas outfit during The Rematch Between Yourself, despite taking place in the same mall as Week 5 and the real Boyfriend dressed up for Christmas.
Jack's true form, revealed in a leak for "Vs. Jack", has pure black skin appears to be slightly taller than his human form. He has a white-colored face and wears a gray jacket and what appears to be black shoes.
Jack was born on July 15th, 2005 on the planet HIP 13044b. His parents died in an unknown war, but it is unknown how old he was when this happened. It is unknown how he managed to get a human form (if it was not innate) or how he came to Earth in the first place. He also met and became friends with Javier at some point.
According to his dialogue in "Tired", he was bribed by Daddy Dearest into finding and replacing the Boyfriend and sending him to the Zero Zone. Boyfriend first meets Jack on the rooftop of the Newgrounds office building, and managed to beat him three times in a rap battle. Overwhelmed by his third consecutive defeat, he runs off and decides to leave him alone for now.
During a nightmare he had, Boyfriend encountered a silhouetted version of Jack who promptly challenges him into a rap battle, threatening to trap him in the dream forever should he win. Boyfriend defeats the Jack silhouette, who then fades away. Boyfriend wakes up shortly after.
Some time later, Boyfriend would encounter Jack again at the mall, who challenges him to yet another rap battle. Boyfriend emerges victorious, but when asking to fight him a second time, he warns him that if they continued to battle, the timeline would be messed up. Despite this, Boyfriend fights him again and wins, which causes a rip in space-time to reveal the Zero Zone. After being asked by Boyfriend, Jack reveals his true motives for replacing Boyfriend as well as his real name. The two battle one more time, with Boyfriend winning.
Jack eventually sends himself and Boyfriend into the Zero Zone for one last match. Boyfriend ends up winning, and the two, alongside Girlfriend (who was sucked into the Zero Zone previously), were brought back to the main world. Boyfriend asks for one last battle with Jack, who agrees but tells him to keep it short as Javier was waiting for him at a restaurant, and even wishes him good luck in future battles.
- The Impostor Boyfriend's original real name was going to be "Bob", but since there already was a character named Bob, it was eventually changed.
- The Impostor Boyfriend's favorite song is "It's Just a Burning Memory" by The Caretaker.
- The Impostor Boyfriend's parents were killed off in a war. It is unknown how old he was when his parents perished.
- The Impostor Boyfriend liked to play Doom (1993) during his childhood.
- While "Jack" was one of Boyfriend's names back when it was in speculation, the Imposter Boyfriend is actually named "Jack" because of jacks in rhythm games.
- The Impostor Boyfriend happens to be Spanish.
- While the spelling may refer to a role in Among Us, "impostor" is also a Spanish word for "imposter".
- The Impostor Boyfriend has seen Boyfriend rap battle once, and wanted to be like him. However, he isn't the best at singing.
- The Impostor Boyfriend does not like macaroni.
- Two of the Impostor Boyfriend's songs are actually covers of real songs.
- "Disgust" is actually The Synth Wars, a song by Jack O'Riley that appeared as Gary's Synthesizer from the animated cartoon Regular Show.
- "Ending" is actually Scatman, a song by Scatman John.
Identity DialogueImpostor Boyfriend: Sure sure...Let's just get this over with
Crisis DialogueImpostor Boyfriend: Can you shut up?!
Humanity DialogueImpostor Boyfriend: I don't understand nothing of what you're saying
Restored DialogueBoyfriend: I started rappin'
Last Words DialogueBoyfriend: SKIDAAA BEP BOP
Disgust DialogueBoyfriend: But I CHOOSE THE SONG
Rematch DialogueBoyfriend: ...?
Replacement DialogueImpostor Boyfriend: ...
Tired DialogueJack: Also the notes may get a little bit weird because of the zero zone resonance.
Distant DialogueJack: Let's start off easy.
Resonance DialogueJack: Next song...
Jack: Javier? Go eat to a restaurant now?Jack: Idiot, Last Words?