Notices: Copyrighted, Golden Throne, Stub, Placeholder
“I have no money”
― Julian, Sock.clip's art
Julian Testis Whitmore is an unlockable opponent in Vs. Whitty Definitive Edition. He was originally going to be a retelling of the OG Whitty. Julian currently has 1 Story Mode song (Underground), and 2 Freeplay Songs (Low Rise and Hungry).
Julian is a dark-skinned man with slicked-back shoulder length hair that he ties into a ponytail, as well as orange eyes with small light yellow pupils. He wears a dark cyan t-shirt, a zipped-up cyan jacket, orange track shorts with white strands going down the sides and a pair of beige socks.
During one part in Underground, his whole body turns maroon, and he gains heavy orange line boil. During this, he becomes slightly more simplified in design, losing his hair line, jacket, and shading, and his microphone gets a line grid. During this, his eyes turn into white circles with scribbled filling.
After said part, he regains his colors and looks like he originally was, save for his jacket, which is now gone because he threw it off before the 1st wire-frame segment.
In Hungry, Julian wears a dark cyan t-shirt with beige shorts. He also doesn't tie his hair into a ponytail, revealing how long it is. He also holds a telephone with both hands.
- Wireframe Section: During some parts in Underground, the screen will wireframe itself, making everything become one specific color and black. This has no effect gameplay-wise, however, Julian seems to turn into a semi-ballistic form while wireframed. The background during this part also shares similarities to Ballistic.
- Julian's first song Underground has the same name as Underground from Vs. Yoshi.
- Both Underground and Low-Rise are remixes of Overhead and Lo-Fight respectively.
- However there are no remixes for Ballistic. Might be due to Julian not being mad boyfriend keeps beating him.
- Julian was originally added to the mod as an extra character in the anniversary update.
- Carol is not romantically interested in Julian.
- Hungry is a reference to is0kenny's parody series called "Asking Rappers What They Want To Eat" with the first, like Hungry, being a parody of "Ballin" by Roddy Ricch where the titular rapper is telling his friend what he'd like him to bring back from McDonalds.
- He's canonically a big jokester.
- According to Nate Anim8, Julian is not aware of "original" Whitty's existence but is instead him in an alternate universe/timeline.
- His normal Underground poses are similar to Momi.
- His up and down slightly energetic Underground poses are similar to Whitty's up and down poses, respectively.
- His eyes during his wireframe poses matches Whitty's eyes in his Ballistic poses.
- However, his eyes in his left and right wireframe poses are triangles and plus-signs, respectively.
- His tongue is orange.
- Sock.Clip stopped liking Julian mid-development, but he was ultimately added into the Definitive Edition because she had already put too much work into his sprites, and Nitty Gritty's song would not make sense without Julian.
- The "salad and sex combo" sign in Hungry's background is a reference to Week 5's background in the base game, in which one of the store signs has "Salads and Sex" written on it.
- In the mod files, two .WAV files can be found. While listening to them, you can hear Julian's talking, along with Boyfriend's beeps.
Cameos in this mod
- In the background, a crewmate is spraypainted on the wall to the far right.
- The Newgrounds Angry Faic can be seen in the background, NOT Little Man.
- In the background, two flying eyes can be seen, those are the twins , during wireframe part, they reveal its true form
- In the background of Underground (HQ), Spiderman can be seen spraypainted on the walls
- We see the Super Smash Bros Ultimate Hand boss in the background
- (TBA, please add more cameos)
2.6 (Normal & Hard)