Warnings: Spoilers, Copyrighted Assets, Content Warning, Discontinued.
Notices: Stub, File Quality
Martian Mixtape is an overhaul mod created by HThagomizer. The mod currently features five full weeks, one bonus week, and many extra songs.
After Boyfriend and Girlfriend find a crashed UFO, they encounter Xigmund the alien, and later run into a cast of unique characters that are all related to the extraterrestrial, including a conspiracy theorist and the FBI.
“*unintelligible stock scream*”
― Xigmund , upon seeing Boyfriend
Xigmund is a character made by HThagomizer. In the mod's first week, he crashes his UFO in the park, where Boyfriend and Girlfriend find him. When encountered, he screams in fear and surprise at Boyfriend, but then begins to rap battle him. He faces off in three songs against Boyfriend, but begins to grow frustrated at his losses by his third song. His frustration overwhelms him in Annihilation LOL and he overexerts his brain in an attempt to levitate his microphone and sing a flurry of notes. He begins to miss notes and "red brain"s himself, ending the song and the week. Xigmund is also the opponent of Week 3, where he appears in a graveyard as a skeleton. In Pelvic, the second song of the week, he summons many skeletons from their graves to dance along the groovy song. But the funky vibes turn sour when a bone falls on his head and enrages him in Spinal Tap. After Spinal Tap, he is mysteriously "beamed up" and taken from the graveyard. His whereabouts after the song are currently unknown.
Xigmund is a green headed alien. He wears a purple jumpsuit with yellow pauldrons, bracelets, and belt. He also wears a grey pair of shoes.
In Brainfuck, he appears to have a vein on his forehead, and starts to use some psychic power to hold up the mic. In Annihilation LOL, he uses these psychic powers to cover himself in the red energy. He begins to float and successfully levitate his mic.
In Marrow, he is now a skeleton. His jumpsuit is now ripped on the sides, revealing his ribcage and his left leg. He is also missing a shoe. For Pelvic, he gains a snazzy pair of shades. For Spinal Tap, he gains a red glowing eye through his rage.
- Xigmund is one of the only characters who have gotten too far into their routine and blue-balled themselves.
- This is the first mod to have the enemy miss notes, poking fun at the song's intentionally spammy charting and the general trend of spammy charts.
- Xigmund, despite having being red brained, is revealed in the files to still be alive.
- In earlier versions of the mod, the UFO that Girlfriend sits on would be flying in Brainfuck. However, these assets are no longer used in the song, and Aerodynamix uses them instead.
- Not Funny is a unimplemented song, but can be accessed in a similar manner to Monster before the Week 7 update for the original game.
- Xigmund's favorite color is purple.
- Xigmund's "balls" are not in his head, what's shown in his "game over" screen is actually his brain.
- Xigmund really likes pushpops.
- Not Funny was one of the first in-development songs (albeit in an unfinished state) for Xigmund, revealed in a Reddit post by HThagomizer alongside his Brainfuck poses.
- Not Funny was named for the feel of the song by HThagomizer's friend, describing the feeling of the song as "doing a joke with your friend, but going too far and they start getting annoyed at you."
- The reason for Not Funny's scrapping is seen in another Reddit post by HThagomizer in the comments, the reason being that their friend who was making the music did not like the final outcome and ultimately decided to not use it.
- Xigmund loves murder.
- Annihilation is directly taken from a "what if" video, showing off what Annihilation LOL could sound like if Xigmund didn't red brain himself.
- According to a picture telling us about the release of Martian Mixtape 2.0, the Xigmund Skeleton's name is Xigbones.
- All of Xigbone's week's song names are directly based on bones. Marrow is a soft fatty substance in bones, otherwise known as "bone marrow". Pelvic is named after both the pelvis bone, otherwise known as the crotch, and the dance move, the "pelvic thrust", which Xigbones' can be seen doing for his right pose for this song. Meanwhile, Spinal Tap is named after a procedure where a doctor removes a sample of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) from the subarachnoid space in the spine.
- Marrow references Lazerz and Brainfuck, as well as Spooky Scary Skeletons.
- HThagomizer confirmed in the comments that "Pelvic was originally gonna be called "Chiller" and be a LOT more derivative to "Thriller" by Micheal Jackson, but the Hideki Naganuma (who is famous for making the Jet Set Radio and Lethal League Blaze OST) style music was too funky for that title, so we changed it."
- Xigmund's voice is sampled directly from Hiveswap's The Grubbles - Broom Temperature.
“*unintelligible stock scream*”
― Rudemund , upon seeing Boyfriend
Rudemund is a character made by HThagomizer. In the mod, he crashes his UFO in the park one day, less than pleased with the perdicament. He spots Boyfriend and screams in terror. He then faces off against Boyfriend in a series of songs, but gets a bit too angry in Aneurysmia, causing part of his brain to blow up from how angry he was.
Rudemund is a green headed alien. He wears a purple jumpsuit with red tailcoats, belt and bracelets. He also wears a grey pair of shoes.
In Craniotomy, he appears to have a vein on his forehead, and doesn't even use the mic anymore. Meanwhile, in Aneurysmia, he is now floating, the red energy making a mic for him.
- Xigmund (and Rudemund)'s voice is sampled directly from Hiveswap's The Grubbles - Broom Temperature.
- Rudemund is actually Xigmund from an alternate timeline, except he's more rude.
- Rudemund's shades bear a bit of a resemblance to Demetrios's shades in his first phase's icon.
― FBI , Hey
Agent Cupcake is an FBI agent from Alien Hominid, and is the first antagonist of Week 2. As Boyfriend and Girlfriend are wandering around, this agent is looking for a certain alien. (Not Xigmund, but another one.)
Agent Cupcake looks like a standard FBI agent, with a megaphone and a gruff expression. However, when he gets anxious, his shades raise up, revealing a more scared expression.
- Agent Cupcake is one of the first characters to change expressions/forms when their HP gets pushed to the danger zone.
- Similarly to Omega and Genocide Tabi, Agent Cupcake will drain the player's health whenever it is above 50%, and will stop when the player's health is at 50%. When doing this, his sunglasses pop up, revealing his eyes and showing his nervous expression.
- FBI Agents are common enemies in their source game, Alien Hominid, because they are trying to capture you.
- Cupcake's old sounds were taken directly from a music-making plugin named Delay Lama. His new voice is directly taken from the band "Smash Mouth", mostly from their song All Star.
“Hes kinda built though”
― Freeplay Blurb, Aegis
Agent Sprinkles is a character from Alien Hominid and is the secondary antagonist of Week 2. After the fight against Agent Cupcake, Agent Sprinkles tags in, with the hopes of crushing BF like an egg and taking him in to be interrogated.
Agent Sprinkles looks like a standard FBI agent, except that he wears a black cap and some brown bands around his arms. He is also holding up a massive riot shield. He is much taller and buffer than the other agents in the week.
- Similarly to Izotope, the player starts at 100% health when singing against Agent Sprinkles, but they cannot regain any health they lose it.
- FBI Agents are common enemies in their source game, Alien Hominid, because they are trying to capture you.
- Sprinkle's voice is directly taken from the band "Smash Mouth", mostly from their song All Star.
- Agent Sprinkles does not have a losing icon.
“Like hacking or like drugs?”
― Freeplay Blurb, Crack
Agent Cuddles is a character from Alien Hominid and is the third antagonist of Week 2. After the fight against Agent Sprinkles, Cuddles decides to step in, using his technology and skills in hacking to give Boyfriend a difficult challenge during his song.
Agent Cuddles looks like a FBI agent, wearing a purple hoodie and having a set of servers on his back. He also seems to be carrying some kind of interference transmitter with a purple knob and three prongs.
- Cuddles is able to "hack" the player's interface, moving it around, causing static to fill the screen, and even turning down the in-game volume.
- According to HThagomizer, The set of servers on his back consist of the entire internet.
- He likes grape juice.
“Everything is fine and aliens are not real”
― Freeplay Blurb, Enforcement
The FBI Robot is the first boss from Alien Hominid and is the final antagonist of Week 2. After the alien they were looking for shows up after the battle with Agent Cuddles, the FBI Agents go into attack mode, bringing out the FBI Robot.
The FBI Robot has massive tank treads and a steel plated torso with a head connected by wires. It has a caution sign on its chest, warning you not to hit its head, as well as an arrow pointing to the head. Strangely enough, it also has a tongue.
- Out of all the opponents from Week 2, the FBI Robot is the only one that does not have a gimmick.
- The FBI Robot's voice is directly taken from the band "Smash Mouth", mostly their song, All Star.
“You can have my ice cream if you want :)”
― Freeplay Blurb, Buddy Buddy
The Fat Kid is a character created by The Behemoth, and modded in by HThagomizer. Seems today was "bring your child to work day" at the FBI Bureau, and so, Agent Sprinkles brought this little guy.
The Fat Kid appears a small, well, fat kid. He wears an orange cap, a green long sleeve shirt with what appears to be a trident, blue jeans, and carries a large backpack
- In Alien Hominid, the fat kid appears and gives you power-ups
- In this mod, the fat kids were supposed to replace the FBI Guys in the ALT version of Week 2, although only this one is finished (who replaces Agent Cupcake)
― Harold , Tinfoil
Harold is a character, created by HThagomizer. After coming back from beating Xigmund in the graveyard, this strange man kidnaps Boyfriend and Girlfriend to conduct a crazy interview. Beware of when he drinks his coffee, as it makes him a bit crazy.
Harold has purple hair and light purple skin. He wears a tinfoil hat on his head and circular-rimmed glasses. He has a visible white undershirt beneath his dark blue sweater vest. He also wears brown khaki pants and black shoes that are always untied. He usually holds a radio-like device in his hand, but when he gets the jitters, it's usually replaced with coffee.
- As shown by the various boards, pictures, and objects in his room, it is clear that Harold believes in a wide array of conspiracies and the extraterrestrial.
- Harold seems to know about Xigmund's existence, as he has a drawing of him on the whiteboard. However, the drawing has large googly eyes similarly to the Xigmen. Under the drawing, he has written the words "GOVEENMENT BAD", "FUCK", and "FLAVOR TEXT???", with arrows pointing to the Xigmund drawing. Also on the whiteboard is a drawing of a flat Earth, labeled "FLAT?". Other text on the board reads "GREEN BODY SUIT?" and "SKELETONS ARE REAL?", referencing Xigmund and Xigbones respectively.
- On the wall of his room is a pinboard with a whole bunch of red lines connecting to different people. The board has photos of Girlfriend, Boyfriend, Skid & Pump, Tankman, and the FBI. There are also vague photos of Xigmund, including his UFO, the UFO's crash site, and his skeletal hand from the cutscene before Marrow.
- Harold desperately wants to find Xigmund for money, according to a poster on the right side of the screen and a graph showing his harshly tanking finances.
- On the ground, there's a picture of the Loch Ness Monster with an X on it, implying that before Xigmund, Harold believed in or tried to find other things, but ultimately gave up on them.
- Although it is not seen in the gameplay, it is seen that under his desk Harold keeps an Illuminati book on the floor.
- According to an official upload of Tinfoil, one of Harold's major inspirations was Dib from Invader Zim.
- Harold is a trans guy
“I don't feel safe.”
― Freeplay Blurb, Breakout
Xigman is a character created by HThagomizer. After being taken in by the FBI for questioning, Boyfriend comes across a strange set of tubes. Soon, a Xigman opens up its eyes before breaking out of the tube, wanting to sing against Boyfriend (and cause havoc, whichever comes first.)
Xigman is a green-skinned alien, wearing the same attire as Xigmund. Its eyes fluctuate from being really big to really small.
- Xigman is the name of the specific clone rap battled during week 5, but the collection of clones are refferred to as "Xigmen".
- According to HThagomizer, Xigman can purr and "only bites the people they don't like". They will also kick their leg like a dog when scratched or petted.
- The Xigmen were originally meant to be in a later week, but got pushed earlier because HThagomizer wanted to do them sooner.
- The Xigmen were based on a sleep-deprived sketch made by HThagomizer.
“You guys have heard of the Human Genome Project, right? These kids are superior to you in every way imaginable!”
― Mr. Flacit, Pico vs. Überkids
The Überkids, Übersam, Überjon, and Überfred, are characters created by Tom Fulp, and modded in by HThagomizer. After stopping by a nearby ice cream place, Girlfriend and Boyfriend notice that its run by Überkids, Pico's old arch nemesises.
The Überkids appear has short light brown hair straightly cut down the bottom, and white eyes. They wear blue shirts, blue pants, and light blue shoes.
- When their stats are shown in Pico vs. Überkids, all the Überkids' blood type is A, and their birthdate is seen as "today", meaning they are all around a day old.
- The word "Über" is in German, which translates to "above", meaning they are above the average kid.
- According to the Martian Mixtape Twitter account, there would have been a Rock, Paper, Scissors mechanic placed into the Uberkids' songs.
“I hope you can see this, because I am doing it as hard as I can.”
― Ignignokt, flipping the earth off, Aqua Teen Hunger Force
The Mooninites, Ignignokt and Err, are pixelated, two-dimensional, and video game-like inhabitants of the Moon who see Earth primitive in every way.
Ignignokt and Err are green and purple pixelated masses respectively.
- Even though Err is the smaller one, his eyebrows are formed by five pixels, while Ignignokt has four-pixel eyebrows.
- They are said (by the original creators) to be the ghosts of "E.T for the Atari 2600" and all of its copies, which due to the game's failure critically and commercially, the company was forced to simply bury in a landfill in New Mexico.
- Despite being the Mooninites, Spacecataz demonstrates that due to their pixelated nature, they are actually quite poor at the art of mooning.
- Their song, Spacecataz, is named after the failed spin-off of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, centered around an ongoing feud between The Mooninites and The Plutonians.
“What's your voice so high-pitched for, anyways? Do you make your girlfriend stomp your balls before every rap battle?”
― Harris, Egomania
Harris is a self-insert character made by HThagomizer. Boyfriend somehow ends up in his lair, to Harris' delight. All Harris wants to do is talk, and talk, and talk... even during the rap battle, too!
Harris wears a blackberry-colored suit, has sunglasses that his eyes can be seen behind, and he has a red pompadour which kind of looks like a swiss cake roll. When he gets mad, his skin becomes red, his hair gets messed up, and his glasses break.
- Harris is likely a joke character made to poke fun at long dialogue segments from other mods. This can be inferred from his song's Freeplay blurb and the song's dialogue-based gimmick.
- According to HThagomizer, he is "so fucking cool"
- Harris' spritesheets are named "hank" and "hank-RAGE", referencing the fact he is HThagomizer's self-insert character.
- Harris only got mad because, according to the devs, he couldn't understand what Boyfriend was saying. In his infinite wisdom, he filled in the blanks on his own, and what he filled in was what angered him.
- Due to the look of his hair, and the fact that he says "The fuck did you say about my hair?", many people have compared him to the character Josuke Higashikata.
- Harris can break the fourth wall and knows you shouldn't read his dialogue.
- According to one of his mid fight dialogues, he spent more money on making his teeth pearly white than he did on his parent's retirement home.
- Harris hates conspiracy theorists and does not believe in aliens. (more than likely referencing Harold.)
- Health Drain: During Confidential (as well as Hey and Shades in earlier versions), if the player's health is above 50%, Agent Cupcakes will panic while singing. While panicking, Cupcakes will slowly drain your health, similarly to Tabi and Omega. This effect only applies when your health is above 50%; once your health returns to 50%, Cupcakes will return to his calm state, and the health drain effect will stop.
- Unwavering: During Aegis, the player starts with full health, but cannot gain any health by hitting notes.
- Interface Screw: During Crack, the UI and volume are "hacked". With the UI Moving to a corner of the player's screen and the game's Volume lowering to silence slowly. Static also occasionally blocks the player's view.
- Mid-Song Dialogue Blocks: During Egomania, Harris will talk mid-song, causing the play area to be obscured by his dialogue boxes. The player can skip through his dialogue boxes like normal, but after a certain point, he will begin to randomize which button must be pressed to skip it. Towards the end, he will move his dialogue boxes to the opposite side of the screen, obscuring the player's strike line.
- Change in Scroll Speed: In Jitter, the scroll speed gets increasingly faster throughout the song. Meanwhile in Exclusion Zone the scroll speeds up when Harold drinks coffee and slows down when he's no longer under the effects of the caffeine.
- All the Freeplay blurbs are jokes and references to the song names.
- Probed's blurb is joke on the fact probing is essentially poking around someone's body.
- Lazerz's blurb is play on the song's theme.
- Brainfuck is a joke on how ridiculous and disgusting the title is.
- Annihilation LOL is a joke on bad "hard" charts.
- Rude's blurb is self-explanatory.
- Extermination's blurb is just Yoshubs saying the song is a banger.
- Craniotomy's blurb may play on Rudemund's throbbing head.
- Aneurysmia's blurb is based on the same joke of the opponent losing being used twice.
- Confidential's blurb is based on REDACTED information, a way of keeping information secret.
- Aegis' blurb is a joke on how the FBI Guys are massive in body shape, even being the same size as the shields they use.
- Crack is a blurb on hacking, or "cracking" info, and the drug crack.
- Enforcement's blurb is denying the existence of aliens, despite the entire mod being based on the theme of aliens.
- Marrow's blurb is marrow being bone juice, as marrow is found within bones.
- Similar to Lazerz, Pelvic's blurb is based on the theme of the song.
- Spinal Tap's reference is this.
- Tinfoil's blurb is an ironic description of Harold.
- Jitter's blurb is a play on jitter being small shaking, thus justifying screen shake.
- Exclusion Zone's blurb is a reference to "LoFi Beats To Study To".
- Boing's blurb is a description of Xigman's appearance.
- Freak's blurb is referring to the fact that the Xigmen's teeth are incredibly tall.
- Breakout's blurb is based on the fact that the Xigmen have broken out, thus creating everything unsafe due to how they can spread.
- Annihilation's blurb is based on the commonly used idiom, along with the frequent requests for a full version of Annihilation LOL.
- Aerodynamix's blurb is referring to the fact that Xigmund is not driving his UFO, and the driver being unknown.
- Spacecataz's blurb refers to a quote said by Err in the ATHF episode "Mayhem of the Mooninites".
- Egomania's blurb is referring to the common requests for dialogue in the mod, parodying them with the absurd amount of it in the song.
Week 1 (Xigmund)
2 (Normal & Hard)
Week 1.5 (Rudemund)
Week 2 (Agent Cupcake, Sprinkles, and Cuddles)
Week 2.5 (Fat Kids)
Week 3 (Xigbones)
Week 3.5 (Zombiemund)
Week 4 (Harold)
Week 5 (Xigmen)
Week 6 (Überkids)
150 (Part 2)
3 (Part 2)
You think you can defeat me, you stupid BIIITCH?!?!
Harris fucking dies, thanks to Ethan's sandal
Note: Every song with the exception of Egomania doesn't include dialogue.
Egomania DialogueHarris: I don't go easy!
Egomania DistractionsHarris: It's not a big deal if you can't, my guesses are probably close enough anyways.
Post-Egomania Part 1 DialogueHarris: The fuck did you say about my hair?