Notices: Golden Throne, Large Page, Joke Mod
Not to be confused with a different Matt.
“Get ready to go home. This isn't training anymore, kid.”
― Matt, Sporting
Matt is a famous Mii character from the Wii Sports series on the Nintendo Wii (owned by Nintendo), and is an absolute unit at sports, mainly boxing (the sport, not boxing items).
He has 2 weeks, WiiK1 and WiiK2. WiiK1 has 3 songs, which are named Light it Up, Ruckus, and Target Practice. WiiK2 has 2 songs, which are named Sporting, and Boxing Match.
Matt carries a basketball and various other items in his animations such as a basketball in his idle, a baseball bat in his down animation, a paddle in his right animation, a tennis racket in his left animation, and boxing gloves in his up animation. These of course are all sports in the original game. For his WiiK2 he looks mad, abandons the sports equipment and his eyes have grey shading under them.
He also has black sweatpants and an orange shirt. He sports a goatee and is wearing orange gloves.
- During his Wiiks, Boyfriend and Girlfriend lack arms. Instead, they have spheres as hands like Matt.
- This is meant to replicate the models of the Miis in Wii Sports.
- In the previous version of Wii Funkin', Matt's 3rd song Target Practice used to have a 4.3 note speed, making it one of the fastest known song currently amongst the mods, almost faster than Deaf to all but the Ronald (4.4 note speed). It's been nerfed to a 3.5 note speed, which still makes it faster than most songs.
- In Wiik 1, Matt is merely just "training" Boyfriend, so he is not using his full power in his first three songs, however as stated in the dialogue for Sporting, he is no longer doing so in Wiik 2.
- Contrary to popular belief, Matt is not a high difficulty opponent in every sport he plays- this is only the case for Boxing and Swordplay. He is actually the worst player in Tennis, appearing as the first opponent, he is also terrible at Baseball.
- Light it Up uses the same beatboxing at the start and end as Fresh, only slightly altered.
- Light it Up also has a similar instrumental to Fresh.
- Matt has a Megalovania version of himself, made by Juno Songs.
- Matt is one of the few characters who switches the hand he uses to hold his mic. In WiiK 1, he normally holds the mic in his right hand, but for all poses aside from his up pose, the mic shifts to his left hand. For WiiK 2, however, the mic stays permanently in his left hand.
- Matt is one of the few Miis to make noises. In Boxing's training modes, Matt will grunt every time he throws a ball in Dodging, and also if the player hits him instead of the pad in Throwing Punches by saying sounds like bah, pa, boo, and bie.
- However, Matt's voice in this mod is actually sampled from a Cymatics Sample Pack, not his Wii Sports voice.
- The menu music that plays in Vs Matt 2.0 is the Boxing Results music from Wii Sports.
- Before entering the main menu, the player will be greeted with a mock-up version of the Wii Health and Safety message with a link that details more about the player's health and safety.
- If the player types the link from the picture into their browser, it leads them to "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, Rickrolling them in the most dedicated way possible.
- Matt is currently 4th place for most notes in a song, with Sporting having 1128 notes, and Boxing Match with 1108. Second is The QT mod with Censory Overload having 1387 notes, and Termination with a total of 1520. The Zardy Mod exceeded both with Bushwhack having 1663 Notes. The Camellia mod blew all of the aforementioned out of the ballpark with Ghost having 2623 notes, especially with it's harder counterpart, C-Mode, having a whopping 4120 total notes.
- Boyfriend's voice samples in Boxing Match are sampled from M.I.L.F.
- In Boxing Match, he speaks in Spanish for a while saying "Uno, dos, tres, cuatro" (One, Two, Three, Four)
- If you miss a note, Boyfriend’s microphone turns into a Wiimote, signifying that Boyfriend isn’t actually inside of the game (unlike in Week 6), and instead is only playing it.
- However, this isn't always the case as previously, if you missed a note, Boyfriend's hands becomes his original hand instead of a sphere, and is not holding a Wii remote.
- Few of the people in the Wiik 1 background bears a strikes resemblance to Pico, Grunt, Luigi, Chorus Kid (Rhythm Heaven), Crewmate/Impostor (Among Us), ENA, Knight (Castle Crashers), Dad (Dad n' Me), Lila (Spooky Month), Beach Brother, Whitty, and Monster
- One of the characters in the audience is Core, which is one of the characters the creator of the mod has made.
- During the Wiik 1 Ending Cutscene, various characters show up in the background. These characters are:
- A Madness Combat Grunt
- Core (Sul's OC)
- Fancy Pants Man
- Beach Brother (This cameo was removed in the 2.1.1 update)
- Isaac from The Binding of Isaac
- Cube from The Facility
- Khushi (BeezyLove's OC)
- Me from Dad n' Me
- A Noob from Roblox
- An impostor from Among Us
- A Chorus Kid
- A Castle Crasher Knight
- The line "*crys* why..." is a reference to a poorly made corruption video for Matt
- There is a Semi-Official WiiK 3 made by silk88, Froglet, and other people that Sulayre approved of.
- One of the frames of the old version of Wiik 2 Matt's left pose lacks eye shading.
Cameos in other mods
Note: None of these cameos are canon to Wii Funkin' or Matt's story.
- In VS. Sketchy Mod, he appears as a drawing in the background.
- In V.S. Pompom, he appears in the background on a poster in BARK!
- In V.S. Tree, he appears in the background of Tree & Duck's week. He also teams up with Duck in Synergy.
- In VS Codist, he appears in a poster.
- In VS Sketchy Redrawn, he appears as a drawing in the background.
- In Unified Beats, Matt appears as a action figure in the background of the tutorial.
- In The Weeg Mod, he appears in the background of Week A.
- In VS Violastro, he appears in the top right crowd.
- In The Date Week, he has a chance to appear in the background of Perfume and Heartbass, accompanied by Shaggy and Tree.
- In Friday Night Fever’, he appears in the menu background
- In Friday Night Funkin': Soft, he appears in the train in chapter 3.
- In VS Stalker, he can be found with his girlfriend Ava/Eva in the pink picture.
- In Friday Night Funkin' Eternal Gaming, he appears on the bookshelf.
- In Vs. eteled While he isn't exactly an cameo he's just mentioned by Austin and Henry for one of the death quotes in Dream of Peace and Post Mortal
- In Vs. Funkin Kong, he appears in the background of Ultra-Shortcut.
- In Vs. Monokuma, he appears in the background during Class Trial.
- In Vs. Beepie, he appears in the background.
- In Friday Night Funkin': Crystal, Matt appears in week 5.
2.2 (Hard & Old)
2.8 (Normal & Old)
Light It Up DialogueMatt: Alright, let's start with a warm up. Show me what you got!
Ruckus DialogueBoyfriend: bap bop!
Target Practice DialogueMatt: This used to be the final exam. Are you ready for the challenge?
Sporting DialogueMatt: Get ready to go home. This isn't training anymore, kid.
Boxing Match Dialogue
Matt: Let's just get this over with. I have training with Beach Brother tomorrow.Boyfriend: Okay.
Boxing Match Dialogue (Game Jolt)Boyfriend: oh i see, well lets just sing already.
Sporting Dialogue (Old)Matt: This isn't training anymore, kid...
Boxing Match Dialogue (Old)Matt: I'll punch you so hard you'll forget how to speak completely.
Note: This is the only pre-2.0 song that had dialogue.
Light It Up Dialogue (Old)Narrator: Boyfriend went to train with the globally known Matt, known for his intense training.
Found in Light It Up's music folder in the files.
Light It Up Dialogue (Unused)Boyfriend: beep!
Gallery (Boyfriend & Girlfriend)
Gallery (Flash Files)