Warnings: Spoilers, Saddening.
Notices: Copyrighted, Joke Content.
“Live without regrets.”
― Ninomae Ina'nis
Ninomae Ina'nis (一伊那尓栖 / にのまえいなにす) is the antagonist of Hololive Funkin': Non-Canon Ina Week and is a member of Hololive EN's first generation of VTubers, the same generation as Mori Calliope, Takanashi Kiara, Gawr Gura and Watson Amelia.
Her main tracks include Weight of the Universe, Unravelling Distortion, Radiant Heaven, Our Nonstop Story, Bordering Final Story, and Stand by Me, with the freeplay exclusive tracks Inapurgation, Eldritch Phantasm, & Inaposter.
Want to know more about Ninomae Ina'nis?
Game Mechanic - Sanity & Nightmare Notes, and Takodachi
In Unravelling Distortion onward, Ina's charts will begin including "sanity" notes, marked by purple arrows with gold highlights (white with blue highlights if extra visibility is turned on in settings.) These notes permanently lower Aloe's maximum health unless she herself hits her own sanity notes, which reverses this.
Inapurgation and Eldritch Phantasm use "nightmare" notes, which function identically to the Halo notes in the original Expurgation sung by Tricky the Clown and will thus cause an instant game over if hit. For added difficulty, they use the same color as sanity notes if extra visibility is not turned on. Additionally, Inapurgation retains the other mechanics of the song it is based on, with Ina's Takodachi mascots attempting to block the screen and pull down Aloe's health in the same manner as Tricky's stop signs and HP gremlins respectively.
Due to the absurd length of "Eldritch Phantasm" and the very tight placement of its halo notes throughout, Aloe is given three extra lives, allowing her to hit three halo notes without consequence. The fourth hit will lead to a game over as usual.
- Prior to an update for Shaggy, Ina was tied with Cye for the most amount of playable songs tied to a single character and mod, at nine total.
- Discounting harder remixes of songs already present in the mod, Ina would have instead held this title alone, as four of Cye's songs are remixes of their other songs.
- Discounting remixes and covers of songs from other mods, Ina would have fallen short of Cye by one song due to Inapurgation being an Expurgation remix.
- On release, Eldritch Phantasm was the third longest modded song at 8:53, surpassing Little Man at 7:34 and trailing behind Splitathon's 10:18 and Little Man 2's 20:23.
- Nearly all of Ina's tracks are covers, remixes, and/or pop culture references of some sort:
- Unravelling Distortion is a cover of "Unravel" from the soundtrack to Tokyo Ghoul, commonly used in memes spoofing emotional or tense moments. This is in reference to Ina's actual performance of the song, and possibly also to her later recorder cover.
- Radiant Heaven is a cover of The Radiance's theme from Hollow Knight. Ina's transformation and the aesthetic of the second half of the week in general also reference this.
- The solo Aloe sings at 2:16 (after Ina's own drains 90% of her max health) is sampled from Happy Synthesizer, one of the only songs she managed to cover before the events that led to her departure from Hololive.
- Our Nonstop Story and Bordering Final Story are remixes of Shiny Smily Story, the first original song released under Hololive Production and which also serves as the leitmotif for the original menu theme of HoloNight Funkin'.
- Bordering Final Story is also named for and transitions into an arrangement of Border of Life, part of the soundtrack to Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom.
- Stand by Me is a cover of the song of the same name by Florence + The Machine, more famously known as the opening theme to Final Fantasy XV.
- Inapurgation is, of course, an Expurgation remix.
- Eldritch Phantasm is a remix of the Touhou Project: Memory of Phantasm (a fan-made anime for the Touhou Project) intro song Clouds Over the Moon, Flowers in the Wind, which in turn is a remix of Last Remote from Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism. The name may also be a reference to the Phantasm stage in Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom, which is unlocked after clearing the first Extra stage (which is unlocked by 1cc’ing the main story) and capturing (beating without bombing or dying) 60 spell cards; likewise, Eldritch Phantasm is the second freeplay bonus song after Inapurgation, unlocked by clearing the main week.
- During the first half of the song, some of the original lyrics to Clouds Over the Moon, Flowers in the Wind can be heard in the chorus when listening to the instrumental.
- Inaposter leitmotifs the Among Drip song.
- A purple Crewmate with a halo and fellow Hololive idol, Tokoyami Towa is visible in the background of Inapurgation and Inaposter, among other assorted characters.
- This is the first mod with a playable credit sequence, giving control to Ina for Stand by Me.
Cameos in other mods
Note: All of these Cameos are not canon to this already non-canon version of HoloFunk's story.
- In the official mod and canon story, she appears next to Calliope and Kiara, replacing Santa for Week 5.
NOTE: Eldritch Phantasm, Inaposter, Inapurgation and Stand by Me have no dialogue. Bordering Final Story only has Post-Dialogue.
Weight of the Universe (EN) DialougeMano Aloe: ...!
Weight of the Universe (JP) DialougeMano Aloe: …！
Unravelling Distortion (EN) DialougeMano Aloe: ...
Unravelling Distortion (JP) DialougeMano Aloe: …
Radiant Heaven (EN) DialougeInaKnight: I hope you don't hold back from this.
Radiant Heaven (JP) DialougeInaKnight: ここから逃げ出さないことですね
Our Nonstop Story (EN) DialougeMano Aloe: Come on, Ina, let's finish this!
Our Nonstop Story (JP) DialougeMano Aloe: 来な、終わらせてやるよ！
Post-Bordering Final Story (EN) DialougeNinomae Ina'nis: Who knows... maybe next time, she'll appreciate an *extra* challenge.
Post-Bordering Final Story (JP) DialougeNarrator: -FREEPLAYに新しい曲が追加されました-