Warnings: Large Page
Notices: Upcoming Content, Fan Favorite
“You're fighting a Belladona with all the elegance of a rose, I don't completely blame you for losing to yours truly.”
Rosie is a character created by Shiba Chichi, starring in the Pick n' Pluck and the Belladona Sweets mods. She's the leader of a gang of fairies known as "The Belladonas" and is very territorial when it comes to the spots owned by her gang. When not protecting her gang, she moonlights as the main waitress of her own coffee shop, Donna's Cafe.
In Pick n' Pluck, Rosie appears as a tall elf with light pink skin and long, blonde hair that have small white pollen bits on them and two pink roses on each side of her head. She wears a pink shoulder top with a silver zip and a heart-shaped pull, a short white skirt, light pink ballet flats and white fingerless gloves with heart-shaped holes on the back. She wields a pink microphone on her left hand, while holding a pink and white gun on the other hand. During Poison, she throws away her mic and instead holds a pink and white rifle with rose decorations on it.
In Belladona Sweets, Rosie dons a frilly pink maid uniform. This wardrobe consists of a white hairband with a pink bowknot ribbon, a simple white frill collar, a low-cut A-line dress with puffed sleeves and an exaggerated flare hem, a white chest-length half-apron adorned with two pink roses at the front, rounded white wrist cuffs, pink knee high socks topped with white bowties, white frilled ankle cuffs with pink bands, and pink block heels with white soles.
In Poison, Pink warning notes will occasionally appear. If you don't hit these, Rosie shoots you and half of your health will be gone.
- Rosie's personality and design were inspired by: Zelda (the Legend of Zelda), Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon), Betty Boop and Macrophage (Cells at Work!).
- She is voiced by the creator herself, including the "Ara ara~" in "Petals" for Week 1 and in "Coffee Shop" for Week 2.
- Rosie is a gun lover, owning 5 guns and 2 combat knives.
- The two roses on Rosie's hair are connected to her head.
- They apparently are connected to her emotions, because we can see them withering when she's sad in the mod's ending cutscenes.
- The Belladonas, Rosie's gang, produce and sell a drug named "fairy powder", made with belladonna poison, sugar and rose petals.
- It is said by the creator that Rosie created the gang so she could scare away the people from the park, because for a long time, she saw more and more fairies being kidnapped from the park because of their magic, and later invented the fairy powder drug so she could afford a better life for the few fairies left (who eventually joined her gang).
- Her fairy friends are all named after poisonous flowers: Datura, Bloodflower, Calla, Iris, Crown vetch, Maikoa, Azalea and the younger one, Sweetpea.
- The fairies are also armed with tiny guns with poisonous bullets.
- Her real name is Rosanna Belladona.
- She's named after the creator's aunt, which she describes as "the most loving and caring person she knows and one of the inspirations for Rosie", mentioning also, a golden heart necklace her aunt gave her, and her singing skills.
- Rosie doesn't like being called by her name, thinking it is some kind of disrespect towards her.
- She ran from her magical forest when she was 16 years old after her people (including her parents), were attacked by dark elves.
- She stuffs things on her hair, including the big gun she grabs in the last song "Poison".
- According to Shiba Chichi: "at first, i made Rosie just to simp for Pico. I have this habit of making characters from different fandoms so I could ship them with my favorite characters, but i invested so much on Rosie that i forgot WHY i made her in the first place".
- She later on changed Pico and Rosie's relationship, describing them as "gun buddies", keeping them as just friends.
- She also describes how Pico and Rosie met: "Pico eventually went to the cherry tree park without caring about the sign left by the gang. When Rosie shows up threatening him, he pulls out his two guns, and then the two started a conversation about their guns, developing a friendship"
- Rosie is Norwegian.
- In Shiba's twitter, is revealed that Rosie has a giant winged-dog named "Lana", in tribute to the creator's dog's sister owned by her uncle, that passed away a few years ago.
- Rosie is Demiromantic, that means she doesn't experience romantic attraction until she has formed a deep emotional connection with someone.
- All of Week 1's playable songs are stated by the composer to be based on other existing songs. They are as follows:
- Petals: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - PonPonPon
- Bloom: Boss Battle - Miitopia
- Poison: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Ninja Re Bang Bang and BABYMETAL - Gimme Chocolate!!
- Nightshade: Victory in the Dream World - Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- Rosie is now dating Alucard from Pico's School, according to one of her latest posts on Twitter.
- The creator describes their dynamic as "shy and loving x energetic and supporting", Alucard being the shy one in their relationship.
- Rosie's dance on the title screen of "Belladona Sweets" is an homage to the "ME!ME!ME!" anime music video.
- The painting of a blue jay and a purple horse with light-colored streaks in its hair seen in the background of Week 2 is a possible reference to the "MordeTwi" Internet meme.
- There are several character cameos featured throughout the backgrounds of Week 2.
- Starting at "Bubble Tea", the following cameos seen sitting at the benches are, from left to right:
- Starting at "Love Shortcake", the following cameos seen sitting at the front counter are, from top to bottom:
- Loly, fursona of Shiba Chichi.
- "Girl from the Cafe", both in name and in composition, is a reference to "The Girl from Ipanema", which is widely considered to be one of, if not the most, famed and influential songs to come out of Brazil.
- In "Girl from the Cafe", Alucard can be seen bobbing his head to the upbeats of a bossa nova rhythm.
- On Twiiter, Shiba made a short comic about rosie's species "Garden Elves" and how they reproduce asexually by planting a petal of the elf's head flowers and wait til a flower bush grows and all the flower buds from the bush open.
Cameos in other mods
- In VS Fizz, she can be seen holding her gun with a scar on her forehead and holding Clip's bat to stop him from hitting an arcade.
- In Vs.Girlfriend, she appears at the Epilogue week.
Petals DialogueRosie: Then engarde, trespasser!
Bloom DialogueBoyfriend: Bap!
Poison DialogueBoyfriend: Beep...
Post-Poison DialogueBoyfriend: skbeep bep!
Coffee Shop Dialogue
[A clicking sound is heard.]Rosie: Let's begin!
Bubble Tea DialogueRosie: Yeah!
Love Shortcake Dialogue
[The entrance door bell chimes.]Alucard: Alright, do your best honey!
Girl From The Cafe DialogueBoyfriend: Sure! One more couldn't hurt.
Post-Girl From The Cafe Dialogue
Should've done better! Looks like you've got plucked!
Stay mad, little baby man.
Aww, you mad, little boy?
Next time bring more than a mic when facing a Belladona.
Hey you, how about trying to get better at playing rhythm games, casual?
Oops, looks like you gotta start ALL over again, that's kinda sad.
Sorry if this rose's thorns are too much for you.
Next time, be careful when handling a Belladona.
You're fighting a Belladona with all the elegance of a rose, I don't completely blame you for losing to yours truly.