“it’s a beautiful day outside.”
― Sans, Undertale
Sans is one of the major characters presented in the 2015 indie game "Undertale" (created by Toby Fox). He is a lazy skeleton who doesn't take action until the limits have been reach (i.e. the Genocide Run). He is also well known on the Internet and has spawned countless memes.
He has been modded into Friday Night Funkin' as a skin over Skid and Pump in Week 2 by Susususus (who made the skin) and Creataurus (who remixed the music).
Sans is a skeleton who wears the clothing of a light blue jacket with a gray collar and hoodie alongside black (with white lines) basketball shorts, and pink slippers. He can be seen moving his body and head from side to side in his idle animation, and he moves his arms in the direction that the arrow is taking place in.
In Hardtale, he has the same animations, however he has different clothing where he is seen with a red jacket and red slippers instead of light blue and pink respectively. As well as the different eye color (for his glowing eye) and the crack on the right side of his skull.
- All of his eye changes references the various different emotions he displays in the text boxes.
- All of his poses references the SOUL tossing attack in the Genocide run (with the exception of the unused animations/his idle animation).
- His microphone hovers as a reference to the him being able to move your soul in his Genocide battle.
- In the Flash file, in Scene 1 lies a reference to Storyshift and Friday Night Flippin'
- Also in the Flash file lies unused poses (which includes a winking one [for the left arrow], one where he does a thumbs up [for the right arrow] and an "UGH" animation where his pupils are missing).
- The unused winking pose references the 4th wall breaks Sans does in the Pacifist run after telling puns.
- The "UGH" animation references one of his expressions in the Genocide run where his pupils disappear.
- He was inspired by Phantom Arcade's doodles of Sans (mostly in the hoodie area) and theLunar27's Sans skin.