“Ukhodite, nasha Velikaya Runa bol'she ne dayet goroskopya...! (Go away. Our Great Runas is no longer giving out Horoscopes.)”
― Shepherd , Temptation Stairway
Were you looking for the Shepherd mod, made by Rhubarb?
Shepherd is a character created by Joel G and modded in by Supercario. She guards the Hourglass Meadows, and tells ENA that the Great Runas is no longer giving out horoscopes. ENA then gives her the Turron, which prompts Shepherd to give her the blood ID to allow for her to go deeper into the Great Runas.
Shepherd appears to be feline to an extent, and resembles ENA in some areas, most notably her two-toned body. One side is red with an oblong light yellow cat eye, the other is white with a cartoony light yellow human eye and a red cheek. Her mouth is only on her red side, and her white side is the only one with an eyebrow. Her look is topped off with whiskers, pointy black cat ears, and two thick brown pigtails. Her appearance strongly resembles a painting by Pablo Picasso of his cat.
Shepherd's outfit consists of a brown button-up vest exposing her midriff, and a matching long brown skirt tied with a red belt. She also holds a shepherd staff.
- Unlike Merci and Robert (two characters that appear in Extinction Party) the translation of what she's saying it's actually right.
- Oddly, her render used for merchandise shows her with two eyebrows rather than a single eyebrow on her white side as seen in Temptation Stairway.
- Strangely, her staff appears lodged in Moony's "head" later in the episode she appears in.
- Shepherd is Russian. Oddly, she also speaks Ukrainian and Belarusian at some points in her debut video. It's unknown if this was a mistake.
- The Shepherd refers to Ena with masculine pronouns despite her officially using feminine pronouns. Whether this was intentional or not is unknown.
- Her voice actress, Emma Breezy, asked help from her Russian parents for The Shepherd's dialogue.
- Shepherd is closely associated with the Turrón meme, which is very popular in the ENA community.
- While Shepherd is not a major character in the ENA series, she quickly became a popular character among fans.
- The idea for The Shepherd was stated during a Twitch stream to be from a video recommended to Joel G. on YouTube named LoFia Soren - Spiral of moments. The video eventually stemmed the idea of The Shepherd's cane and then the character.
- The tank from which The Shepherd is eventually shot from resembles the tank from the ZoneOut game found in TempleOS, the operating system written by the late computer programmer Terry A. Davis.
- She is based off of a painting by Norma Salt titled "Picasso's Cat - El Gato."
- Her animations are all based on different poses she had in Temptation Stairway. Up - Hearing about the Turron ("Eh...? Is that a... TURRON?") Left - Telling ENA to go away. ("Go away, our Great Runas is no longer giving out horoscopes!") Right - Beating ENA with her cane ("YOU SHH- INSOLENT SHH- BRAT!") Down - Picking up a nearby Hourglass Dog ("None shall pass! Runas would be angry if some simpleton like you showed up to its favorite plac-")