Not to be confused with the other Slenderman, even though they are the same character.
Want to learn more about Slenderman?
Slenderman is a pale-skinned and tall humanoid monster with claw-arms and no face. He wears a black suit and black shoes, he also has four black tentacles moving around his back.
Gameplay Mechanics - Inverted Controls, Health Drain & Jumpscares
- When you play Engage in Freeplay mode, at a specific point, your controls will be inverted.
- Like Tabi (in Genocide), when Slenderman sings, he will drain your health, but you won't die from it, unless he pushes you all the way back, and you don't hit a "Sick!" (in hard, normal and easy), a "Good!" (in normal and easy), or a "Bad" (in easy).
- In determinated points of Static and Engage, jumpscares will occur, with Slenderman staring directly at the player, with a static noise playing as well. This also occurs once at the very end and start of Thanatophobia.
- Thanatophobia is the fear of death, dying or being dead.
- Haphephobia is the fear of touching or of being touched.
- Slenderman and Girlfriend from the Trollge files mod share the same name of a song- Thanatophobia
- Eric Kundsen created Slenderman through a Photoshop contest on the Something Awful forums. As given the prompt to create paranormal images, he also added text with his images as a way to describe witnesses of the creature.
- Various horror related media have also inspired the creation of Slenderman, such as That Insidious Beast by Zack Parson, The Mad Gasser of Mattoon, The Mist by Stephen King, and the Mothman.
- In 0:55 of the second song, Static, Slenderman says "We are not your friends.", which is taken straight from this video.
- Slenderman's idle pose is similar to that of Whitty's Ballistic idle pose, Henry Stickmin's old mad down pose, and Tabi's old and new Genocidal idle pose(s).
- Slenderman's left pose is similar to that of Soft GF's left pose.
- In this mod, every song is actually filmed by a security camera... or a camera person.
- When Slenderman sings, his mouth seems to be visibly stretched.
- Slenderman appeared as a cameo in Gravity Falls: Lost Legends.
- The screeching in 2:24 of Engage is actually True Mickey's jumpscare in Five Nights at The Treasure Island.
- The Friday Night Funkin Vs. Slenderman mod was created by the team ''Untitled Funkers'' (The same team that created Friday Night Cursed Vs. Herobrine and Fear)
Cameos in other mods
Note: All of these cameos are not canon to Slenderman's story:
- In Rodsquare Night Streaming, Slenderman appears in the background of the third week.
- In Friday Night Trepidation, Slenderman appears as the opponent in week 2.
- In Friday Night Cursed: Vs. Herobrine, Slenderman is a playable character in the song Little Herobrine.
2.8 (Normal & Hard)