Warnings: Resolved Controversy, Spoilers, Content Warning, Trigger Warning.
Notices: Copyrighted, Unfinished Page, Fan Favorite.
Want to know more about Spinel?
“Who am I? WHO AM I? WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SAYING? I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing.”
― Spinel, Other Friends, Steven Universe: The Movie
Spinel is the main antagonist in Steven Universe: The Movie. A mod for her was made by KittenSneeze.
Spinel is tall and lanky, with pink skin, dark reddish-pink hair tied in twin pigtails, and dressed in puffy clothes. Her face has three dark mascara-like lines under each eye.
As a Gem, the only true part of Spinel's physical body is the large, pink, faceted gemstone in her chest, shaped like an upside-down heart. The rest of her body is a holographic-like projection from this central form. This allows Spinel to expand, stretch, bend, and flex her body at will, which she uses liberally both in the movie and in the mod.
Originally goofy, fun-loving, and playful, Spinel became bitter after being abandoned by Pink Diamond for over 6,000 years. Spinel became unhinged, prone to spontaneous laughter, and extreme outbursts when reminded even indirectly that Pink Diamond forgot her.
Fueled by this vendetta, Spinel brings a massive customized injector to Beach City and begins filling the planet with poison. In Steven Universe: The Movie, Steven works to stop her, but in the Friday Night Funkin': Vs. Spinel mod, Boyfriend must face her in a rap battle instead.
(Spinel's injector lands next to Boyfriend and Girlfriend.)Spinel: Eh, if the shoe fits.
Other Friends DialogueSpinel: Huh, I like those odds, twerp! Let’s go!
Post Other FriendsBoyfriend: I don’t need the sarcasm right now!
Injector Carousel Cutscene
(Spinel turns her hand into a horn, blowing in it to activate the injector.)
(Spinel grabs Boyfriend, Girlfriend, and the speaker, and flings them to the top of the injector.)(Boyfriend lands roughly on the top of the injector.)
Cameos in other mods
- In Vs. Oswald, Boyfriend briefly mentions her, and she also serves as a opponent for the song Last Straw in a pipecleaner version, and was added for a Halloween update.
- For some odd reason, unlike most danger/winning icons which show up when the health bar is at 80% or 20%, Spinel's winning icon and BF's losing one show up when the health bar drops below 50%.
- Spinel was drawn and animated in a "rubber-hose" style, and designed to look like an "out-of-date cartoon that never evolved".
- Spinel and Trollface/Trollge have 2 things in common: the first thing is "being forgotten for a long time and wanting revenge" and second "both having body elasticity".
- This is one of the rare mods that has voice acting for the animated cutscene, and the dialogue. The other mods for this is the Bob and Bosip mod, and Vs. eteled.
- Actually, this mod has been built with the Bob & Bosip Mod code. There is a file called "Cutscene1Subtitles.webm" that is the exact same cutscene at the beginning of the Bob & Bosip Week. There are images who are also seen in the Bob & Bosip mod too. At 0:03 and at 1:12 of the song "Unchangeable", Amor's "Are you ready?" from "Split" in Bob & Bosip can be heard, if you can hear the song closely.
- Her right pose is similar to Bana's down pose.
- Similar to Vs. Cassandra (Ramen Noodiles) Boyfriend also mentions Girlfriend's breasts in the mod.
- This is one of the characters to leave their angry prases behind, like Spinel in the 2nd half in Unchangeble. Another example of this is Kapi.
2.4 (Normal & Hard)
2.8 (Normal & Hard)