“A defective bot like me doesn't belong on the outside.”
― Static, Funkhead
Static is a defective rapper robot, a huge fan of Boyfriend and Girlfriend, and the main opponent of the VS. Static mod. His mod comes with four brand new songs, plus an extra one in a separate week that you unlock later on.
Static has a TV for a head that has crooked yellow antennas, he also has blue headphones, and a black baseball cap with a golden volume symbol on it. He wears a black hoodie, blue jeans, and black sneakers and has a microphone which is painted gold.
It's unknown on how Static was made but back in the past, Static was thrown into the TV world. It's unknown who threw him into the TV World but he was thrown in there for being a defective robot. Just like Spirit, Static cannot find a way to escape the TV World. He had only watched other characters in the TV world, even Boyfriend and Girlfriend.
An unknown period of time has passed, until one day, after Boyfriend's late night date with Girlfriend, they were both sucked inside the TV again but in the TV World which was the same one Static was trapped in. Static recognizes both Boyfriend and Girlfriend and wants to help them to escape the TV World but not before he decided to challenge Boyfriend, but Boyfriend emerges victorious, but Static doesn't really care about losing since he is just happy to see someone to visit TV World and is curious on what is like to live in the outside world.
He eventually challenges Boyfriend again but after having been bested twice, The TV world started to become distorted and a green screen appears in the center of TV World. The green screen itself is a doorway that opened because of Boyfriend and Static's songs. He knows that the green screen can only fit for one person only and that Boyfriend can't escape the TV World without Girlfriend. He figured out that the songs he did with Boyfriend had caused the green screen to appear. He figured that they should make it stronger by continuing to sing a song.
With the third track, Static plans to make Boyfriend sing. That way, the green screen can be strong enough for both Boyfriend and Girlfriend to escape. After the third track, Static notices that the green screen is now strong enough for both Boyfriend and Girlfriend to escape through. He tells Boyfriend to go to the green screen with Girlfriend but he refuses since he wants Static to escape the TV World as well. Together, Boyfriend and Static sang the fourth and final track. After they both sang, Static, Boyfriend, and Girlfriend went through the green screen finally escaping the TV World all together.
Once out of the TV World, Static decided to travel the world in search of new things and friends. The first thing he ever did once out of there was go to the nearest park and look up at the sky, awestruck. Genesis takes place a few days after Static escaped the TV world.
- In the mod's files can be found a sprite sheet where Static's idle is more visibly broken. This is because Static's week was originally gonna have a more sadder ending where he breaks down the moment Boyfriend wants him to go through the green screen in order to escape. But in the end it was scrapped since Summus couldn't bring themselves to kill him off. 
- There's also a sprite sheet for Static with a more darker shade during the night, presumably meant to be used for Genesis.
- Static doesn't have a face, that can express emotion, but he can display basic symbols (i.e. arrows) and text faces due to being in an early development stage.
- He speaks through the hat he's wearing, which is actually a little wireless speaker. If someone took his hat, he wouldn't be able to speak at all. (Advice: don't try to do this.)
- Static is one of few mod characters to not get upset over Boyfriend's victory.
- In the TV world, Static can see the outside through screens. In fact, he has been trying to follow BF and GF's adventures for a while.
- Someone would able to see him, if someone were to tune in to the right channel at the right moment. Due to that, there's a rumor of a haunted channel, that watches you back and that only exist in midnight hours.
- Besides his passion for music, he's also passionate about art as a graffiti artist.
- Static is also a talented skateboarder as well.
- His favorite colors are gold and cyan blue.
- He was inspired by the Richmond TV Head Guy.
- Various mod characters can be seen on the TV screens in the background, including:
- In his idle and right pose in his normal and unused night assets, some of his shoelaces are transparent instead of white. This also happens in his unused broken assets, but only in his right pose.
- Static's favorite food is pickles, despite the fact, that he's not able to eat at all.
- His mic is spray painted gold, because he thinks, it'll look cooler.
- Static can stretch and extend his arms, able to reach top shelf himself.
- Static can simultaneously whip and nae nae.
- Both Static, Cybbr, and Soft Monster share a song name, that being Genesis.
- Static is confirmed to be asexual.
Cameos in other mods
Note: None of these cameos are canon to VS. Static's story.
- In V.S. Pompom, his head is in a store display case in the background of BARK! next to NDXL and Displo's heads.
- In The Date Week, he has a chance to walk by in the background of Perfume and Heartbass alongside Pompom. He can also be seen in the background of Heartbass.
- In Vs. Dr. Data (a mod that doesn't have a page yet), he can seen in a picture frame on the wall.
- In Vs. Ace, he appears in the background.
- In VS Fizz, he appears in the background during Ampere hanging out with Cyrix.
- In Singe and Sear, he appears in the background of Molotov next to Cyrix.
- In Doki Doki Takeover, he appears as an easter egg in the menu, glitching with pictures of Monika's face during Your Demise along with Cyrix.
- In VS. Hex: The Weekend Update, he can be seen corrupted by IRIS in the freeplay song Glitcher (Remix).
Primetime DialogueStatic: Hell yeah, dude! Let's goooo!
Funkhead DialogueStatic: Alright! You're on!
Buzz DialogueBoyfriend: Beep bo bop!
Midnight Channel DialogueStatic: Let's get outta here!
Genesis DialogueBoyfriend: Skebeep bop!