Warnings: Trigger Warning, Content Warning.
Notices: Large Page, Upcoming Content, Golden Throne.
“My trust, my feelings, my love, and my heart. I've lost everything! Now look who I am, because of her!”
― Tabi, Last Chance
Tabi is the opponent in the mod "V.S. Tabi Ex Boyfriend". He was created by homskiy and he is an ex-boyfriend of Girlfriend.
He was originally a successful music composer before realizing he was being used by Girlfriend and her father for their own gain, until later being kidnapped and leaving him as the way he is now. He comes back a year later to settle the score with them, even if it means wiping out anyone in between.
- 1 Appearance(s)
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 4 Gameplay Mechanics - Poison Notes And Screen Shaking
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Cameos In Other Mods
- 7 Soundtrack
- 8 Dialogue and Cutscene Transcript
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Download Links
- 11 References (NOTE: @TabiExModFnF has been Hacked)
- Tabi's head is reminiscent of a goat's skull, which is a goat headed skull that Daddy Dearest forced Tabi to wear, and he also has skeletal hands. He wears a dark bluish-gray/grayish-blue worker's hat (or a cap to be exact), a grayish-blue/bluish-gray hoodie with a pale blue symbol on the front, bluish-gray/grayish-blue fingerless gloves, dark gray sweatpants, and black sneakers with yellow soles, yellow parts, and a golden triangle symbol on each side. His eye right socket also has a glowing yellow shine of light.
In Genocide, he holds a tactical airstrike (bomb detonator), and his pants, jacket, and hat have some scratches, tears, rips, and holes. He sports many cracks and crevices throughout his body, and having a broken lower jaw, multiples of cracks on the goat headed skull, left hand, and right horn. Also, some of the parts that were on the top half of his left horn are missing.
Tabi is shown to have extreme hostility and anger issues, given that he has been holding a grudge against Girlfriend and Daddy Dearest for a year. He also seems to have a merciless attitude after blowing up the restaurant, killing multiple people and severely injuring most of them just to kill Girlfriend. Surprising or not, he does not hold a grudge against Boyfriend. In fact, he tries to persuade him into leaving Girlfriend behind, as he thinks Boyfriend is just another "victim". He holds that mindset until his second song, Last Chance, when he realizes Boyfriend was not allowing him to hurt/injure Girlfriend, no matter what. He is also close friends with A.G.O.T.I. and his older brother Aldryx. When Girlfriend was still dating Tabi, he was a normal human, and also a music producer who had passion for his work. His relationship to Girlfriend was very strong, until Daddy Dearest decided to use him for his own benefit, and Girlfriend had no intention of doing this. While Tabi was a normal (and visible) human, he was known to be really kind and nice.
Before The Betrayal
When Tabi was a baby, his parents abandoned him and he lived in an orphanage.
- NOTE: This story is officially now canon by Homskiy during the "Questions & Update" voice chat call on Discord.
Tabi and Girlfriend were actually dating at some point in time, though a year later, they broke up. When they both started dating, he was a novice music producer who had passion and love for his work. Their relationship was going so well, all until he met her dad.
- There will be an upcoming update for this mod confirmed by Homisky that is in the works right now.
The Betrayal Itself (Or After Betrayal)
Girlfriend's dad, being an ex-rockstar, wanted his little girl to be just like him. That's why they both started using Tabi for their advantage. Years had passed since they were together, but then Tabi suddenly came to notice that his girlfriend was using him for her own career and didn't actually care about him at all. And at the time, he even lost his career helping his girlfriend to become a star. He had to sacrifice doing what he loved and do what she tells him to do. Once she knew he understood everything, a couple of guys came to Tabi's house and kidnapped him. He woke up in some alleyway without clothes, and…surprisingly, without his body. To his shock, it was invisible except his hands, which were reduced to pure bones.
After having been reduced to just about nothing, Tabi was massively depressed and saddened by what had occurred. However, he quickly knew who did this to him right away, Daddy Dearest. And for that, he will take his revenge by killing them both.
Another year had passed, he's made a plan and he's ready to execute it.
Tabi was preparing his plan for at least a year. During his preparation, he would sometimes spy on Girlfriend and Boyfriend battle other opponents such as Tricky and Whitty. Once he realized that it would not be easy taking Boyfriend out, he adopted Whitty and Tricky's singing styles to get Boyfriend out of the way.
After attempting to defeat Boyfriend three times in their rap battle, he was defeated and his plan to kill Girlfriend ended in failure. Not much is known on what happened after the incident but Tabi may have escaped.
Gameplay Mechanics - Poison Notes And Screen Shaking
During Genocide, Boyfriend will constantly lose 1% health per second. Each note on Tabi's note chart (which will glow for each hit) will also lower Boyfriend's health by 1%. To balance it, Boyfriend will be starting at 100%, rather than the usual 50%, and the max health he can get is 150%, which is displayed by moving the HP bar itself to the left.
- If the bar actually did start at 50%, Tabi's first note barrage could potentially take the player to below 25% health, and can catch them off guard, resulting in a loss.
- If the game is windowed, the window will shake noticeably when Tabi is taking his turn. This is currently the second mod to do so if it is scripted to do that. The first being Bob.
- The less health the player/Boyfriend has, the darker the in-game's screen will get.
- The health drain mechanics will not be present in Easy Difficulty.
- It could be inferred that Tabi was the Girlfriend’s former boyfriend, which means that he had regeneration abilities, just like the Boyfriend in rap battles. This can be followed up by the fact that in Genocide, when Tabi does his part, he regenerates his health bar.
- Tabi is voiced by Cougar MacDowall, who also voiced:
- Girlfriend is voiced by Angelattes. 
- If Boyfriend loses to Tabi in Genocide, it will show a knife stabbed into the top of Boyfriend's skull along with the regular blue balls. It can be presumed that Tabi had initially planned on stabbing Girlfriend, but resorted to his bombs when The Boyfriend kept getting in his way, or that he kept the knife as a backup plan in case the bombs failed to kill her.
- This is one of the few mods to actually have voice acting.
- This is one of the few mods where Boyfriend shows fear, along with Tricky the Clown (in the beginning cutscene), Anders (in the Psychoneurotic cutscene), VS Brightside(in the Personal Space Invasion dialogue), and the Crazy Girlfriend mod.
- It also is one the first where Girlfriend's boombox has been destroyed, one other being A.G.O.T.I..
- Tabi while in Genocide is one of the first mod characters to lower the bar without the player actually failing to hit notes, with the others being Noke, Corrupt, Tricky, and Jester.
- Despite having a goat skull for a head, Tabi is not actually a goat man.
- Tabi is one of few antagonists that hit their notes in the same way as Boyfriend without the player actually controlling Tabi. (Note how the average antagonist's notes simply disappear once they hit, for Tabi, they glow.).
- In Tabi's case, this could be because Tabi was once a boyfriend, just like Boyfriend himself, and thus, he still has his glowing note power, even though he is no longer dating Girlfriend.
- Tabi planted bombs in the restaurant, so no one except Girlfriend and him die, but when the restaurant exploded, well, everything went wrong, and didn't go exactly as planned.
- Tabi is not a serial killer.
- The fact that Tabi is being able to reduce Boyfriend's health bar during Genocide is something that comes from the mod known as "Friday Night Funkin': Boyfriend Must Die".
- It was confirmed by Tenzubushi, the mod's composer and artist that Genocide was inspired by Tricky and Whitty, most likely Madness and Ballistic.
- This is further supported by the fact that Genocide literally contains Ballistic’s leitmotif towards the end, and how Tabi's vocals in Genocide sound similar towards Tricky's in Madness.
- Tabi's icons in Genocide are slightly darker than the normal icons in My Battle and Last Chance.
- Tabi is Russian.
- The creator of Tabi, Homskiy, is also Russian.
- Tabi is not actually a skeleton, his actual body is still there, and also functions like any humans, and the fact that they would albeit another fact that it is invisible.
- The only parts that are still visible are the goat headed skull and the hands.
- Tabi's body is still tangible, just not visible to the naked eye.
- His old mad right note pose only has 6 frames, unlike his other mad note poses who have 8.
- However, in the new update, the sprite sheet for Tabi's Genocide poses are being made, and now has 10 mad right note pose frames.
- Due to Roblox's censorship forbidding the use of the word Genocide, the aforementioned song is renamed in most if not all FNF clones on the platform.
- VS. Tabi mod is the one of the most downloaded mods with over 2.7M downloads (as of April 12, 2022).
- Tabi and Girlfriend used to have a cat when they were dating, but once he was kidnapped, his kidnappers decided to kill his cat for "fun".
- Tabi is not a goat. He is a normal human being and what really happened to Tabi was that Daddy Dearest captured him and made him wear a goat headed skull.
- He also can't take his skull off.
- Tabi's lower jaw only appears when he is furious.
- Tabi is commonly referred as a Gaster Blaster (an attack from the indie game, Undertale) by Homskiy and the community.
- Tabi is canonically bisexual.
- Tabi loves lesbians and Keef.
- Like Cyrix, Tabi's voice was made with the VST called Serum.
- Currently, a prequel week for the Tabi mod is in the works, titled "The Love Week". It takes place when Tabi and Girlfriend were dating, and is also meant to serve what Tabi was like before he got betrayed by the Dearest family and lost his career, his human shape, and his girlfriend.
- Different extreme emotions temporarily disables invisibility in different parts of his body; rage reveals his lower jaw as seen in Genocide, and pain, such as stubbing his toe, reveals his ribs.
- These are some facts about Tabi according to homskiy's Q & A video:
- Tabi was actually created around the time Undertale had grown insanely popular (around 2015-2016), which explains the design resembling that of Sans or Papyrus.
- Tabi doesn't have a favorite food, and just eats whatever he can eat. This is because he is not in a good financial situation due to unemployment.
- Tabi doesn't have a favorite color, but he does like the color orange.
- Ever since Girlfriend betrayed him, Tabi has had severe trust issues, and as a result he is very difficult to approach.
- Tabi is the first mod's antagonist to have a song that changes Boyfriend's max health from 100 to 150, with the second being Ghost Twins.
Cameos In Other Mods
Note: None of these cameos are canon to Tabi's story.
- In Sketchy (Redrawn), he appears as a drawing in the background.
- In The Date Week, he has a chance to appear in the background of Perfume and Heartbass while carrying Fun Sized Whitty.
- In Friday Night Funkin': Soft, he appears in the background of Chapter 3.
- In VS Fizz, he appears fighting against Ruv in the background during Maintenance.
- In Vs. Ambion Corrupt Frenzy, his skull head can be seen laying on the ground.
- In gamepro_25's VS Suicide Mouse, Tabi is included in the files, alongside a bonus song.
- In V.S. Hood, he appears in the background during Omega.
- In VS. Blackjack: The Stakes Are High, he appears sitting in the background behind(?) Blackjack, along with Ruria.
- In Doki Doki Takeover, he appears as an easter egg in the menu along with Yuri.
- In Demonic Duke-Out, Tabi has a major role in the plot's storyline and will make a significant appearance in the mod itself, as confirmed by Forsaykn on the mod's Twitter account.
- In Friday Night Funkin': Entity he appears on the cereal box, during Shotgun-Shell
- Tabi is an upcoming opponent for week 2 of Friday Night Funkin' Boss Rush.
- In VS. Hex: The Weekend Update, he can be seen in the crowd during Weekend X.
- In Hololive Funkin', the mod's lore briefly mentions that a modified version of Tabi and his story is canon to its version of Girlfriend. Tabi himself is changed from a human to an angel to parallel HoloFunk's Boyfriend also being one.
Dialogue and Cutscene Transcript
Note: Don't add your fan-made dialogue to the selection. It can receive a BLOCK.
(she called for a Taxi and went to the meeting place that uncle specified in the letter.)
(When they arrived GF immediately knew the place! It was her favorite restaurant, how wonderful! She knew this place pretty well.)
(Both entered the ball room that was filled with tables and people, although...)
(GF noticed that their table was surrounded by a bunch of empty ones, they all were occupied, but empty.)
(GF notices a strange figure near the bathroom)
(this figure was oddly familiar, she immediately knew who it was just by the look on him)
(recognizable by style of clothing.. Her EX himself.)Tabi: There you are..
My Battle Scene + Dialogue
(Tabi looks up. He walks infront of them, blocking the entrance to the bathroom)
(GF realized something...)
(BF looks at GF with a puzzled face, and sees that she looks a bit odd,)
(Her emotions are like a mix of shame and fear. BF, seeing love of his life being so uncomfortable gets filled with confidence)
(he wants to protect her and show her EX that he won't let him hurt GF.)Tabi: You do realize she is just using you, right?
Last Chance Dialogue
(his situation sure is complicated, huh? BF was so confused-- what is this guy even talking about?)
(Could GF really do something like that? No way.)
(BF decides not to believe Tabi.)Tabi: I have no other choice but to kill the both of you!
Tabi laughs and pulls out a bomb detonator. He then presses the button on it (the bomb detonator); with his pupils being red instead of yellow, and the bombs in the restaurant instantly explode, with then the screen goingblack.
30pxNametag: Gh! Mgh! *cough*
30pxNametag: So you survived the explosion. L-Lucky! *cough*
30pxNametag: I bet she noticed that I occupied all tables that were near the explosion...
30pxNametag: That is because i *cough* did not want to hurt innocent people, unlike this little brat! I want her dead!
30pxNametag: Stop smiling and get out before this place burns down!
30pxNametag: she is not going with you! She will stay here, and die with me.
(BF stood in front of GF, hiding her behind his back and getting in Tabi's way.)
30pxNametag: Why won't you get it?! She is a monster pretending *cough* ngh! -to be sweet and cute, but in reality she is a manipulative little b-
30pxNametag: Okay... Then we will die here! Together! You, me, and her!30pxNametag: Oh? You don't want to? gh! You piss me off! Little shit! I will... I WILL KILL YOU AND WON'T LET HURT ANYBODY ELSE YOU LITTLE BRAT! DIE! DIEE!
"Story will continue"
"Will love overcome hatred?"
"Stay tuned...""Agoti? Is that.. you?"
(So they went to the restaurant to meet Girlfriend’s uncle)Girlfriend: Shit...
My Battle Dialogue
(Tabi looks up. He leans away from the wall, and gets a glow in his eye)Tabi: You do realize she is just using you, right?
Last Chance DialogueTabi: Very well then. I didn’t want it to end this way, but I guess I will just kill the both of you!
Pre-Genocide SceneTabi laughs and pulls out a bomb detonator. He then presses the button on it (the bomb detonator), and the bombs in the restaurant instantly explode, and everything then became damaged.
Genocide DialogueTabi: JUST DIE!
- GameBanana (64-Bit) (Warning: It Will Instantly Download)
- Google Drive (Both 32 & 64-Bit Files)
- GitHub (Source Code)
References (NOTE: @TabiExModFnF has been Hacked)