Tiky is a squat, simplified version of Tricky the Clown from the Madness Combat series. He initially started life as an internet meme based on the popular "amogus" meme image for the game Among Us and has quickly grown in popularity thanks to various animations that have been made on YouTube. As of the time of this writing, Tiky has been made four times by creators webberlmao, ShawSure, SmokioPosting and Detrity.
For the ShawSure, SmokioPosting and Detrity versions, Tiky's appearance is heavily based on the original meme image in that they're both short and stubby with no hands to speak of and a heavily simplified appearance complete with shorter, less detailed hair and a lack of strapping for his hockey mask which is also far more basic in shape and design. The only difference between the two is that ShawSure's version is based far more on the original meme image and by extension Tricky's original Madness Combat appearance with the only design difference being what appears to be a pair of black exaggerated shoes rather than the basic grey feet almost all characters have in Madness Combat. Smokio's version on the other hand aims to make Tiky look a little more like his FNF counterpart. His body is slightly more detailed with a dull blue clown ruffle around his neck, light bluish-gray orbs on his chest and he wears shoes that are the same color as his ruffle. Also unlike the original meme image, he has actual hands. Also his head is detachable as it often comes off the body during his motions. Detrity's version is similar to Tiky from the popular meme "Tiky but the whole squad showed up" and his FNF counterpart, but his ruffle doesn't have stripes, and he has a cookie in his right hand at all times.
The most drastic of the designs is webberlmao which completely redesigns Tiky from the ground-up. In terms of basics, he's still very much like Tricky in that he's a rotting psychotic zombie and like the original Tiky meme in that he's shorter, much more squat and less detailed but that's where the similarities end. His hair is now much larger and much more wild in style, his face is far more rotted than the original and he wears a spiked choker around his neck rather than a clown ruffle. He also wears a torn dark grey shirt and what appear to be black leather boots. He also has fingernails that are long and black like talons and his microphone has one big spike sticking out of the bottom and two smaller spikes at the sides of the handle. Finally his mask (Which currently is only able to be seen on the banner of his GameBanana page.) has less of a hockey mask aesthetic to it and more of a medieval knight appearance.
Tiky is the most known Madness Combat meme, including the "HANK GET THE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE" meme.
- Tiky is the first famous Madness Combat meme that has a mod.
- Tiky is supposed to be a meme for it's Tricky's name with the "r" and "c" taken out of it which is another nod to the "amogus" meme which removed the "n" and space out of the name for the popular indie game Among Us.
- Tiky is commonly depicted as having an obsession with cookies which in of itself is a reference to a popular misheard lyric in the Tricky mod's first song "Improbable Outset" that led to an internet meme about Tricky having an obsession with the baked goods. This is further referenced by Detrity's take on the character where he holds a cookie at all times.
- Tiky has also gained such a following that the meme itself has been recognized by both Krinkels, the original creator of Madness Combat and the developers of the Tricky mod who slipped a reference to the meme in the mod's folders and a potential nod in the mod itself as one of the shouts in one of the songs.
- One of the traits that is often associated with the Tiky meme that's featured in the videos is someone reading out his name with their voice being heavily bass-boosted which is followed by a heavily bass-boosted version of "Madness" playing.
- The popularity of Tiky has also inspired versions of various popular mod and Madness Combat characters in this same style complete with similar name schemes and traits. These include but are not limited to Garello (Garcello), Honk (Hank) and Wity (Whitty).
- Whenever SmokioPosting's Tiky does his right motion, his head comes off the body, revealing a simple cartoonish bone sticking up where his head would be. This could potentially be a callback to Among Us, the game that spawned the Tiky meme's predecessor where dead crewmates are always depicted with a single cartoonish bone sticking out of their blown apart body.
- Despite the acceptance of Tiky's current appearance and detestable meme formula, the original and oldest date of a "Tiky" meme was simply a surreal T-Posing Tricky Model flying around the screen as a Bass Boosted version of Madness Played.
- Soyguy's Tiky is listed as Tricky's cousin, marking potentially the first time someone has tried to tie the Tiky meme to Madness Combat in some capacity.
- GameBanana (webberlmao)
- GameBanana (ShawSure)
- GameBanana (SmokioPosting)
- GameBanana (Detrity)
- Gamebanana (soyguy)