Vs. Flexy is a mod
“C'mon, Boyfriend, can't get stage fright now! I might look scary, but it's just me! Let's give 'em the show of a lifetime!”
― Flexy, Globetrotter
Flexy Frijolito is an anthropomorphic bean with long legs and a passion for travelling the world. He invites Boyfriend and Girlfriend to the Fiesta de Fuego hosted by himself.
Flexy is a bean with long, detailed legs and a face on his "body". In his Dead Man's Party form his muscles become bones and he wears a purple hat with a gold strip.
“I'M NOT FINISHED YET...”
― Alonso , before (Pain) Gran Venta starts back up.
Alonso, or as he’s commonly known as, The Merchant, is a character that was added to the VS Flexy mod in a new update. He tries to get Boyfriend and Girlfriend to buy his merch when they're walking home, but is angered when they refuse.
The Merchant appears to be a human being with brown skin. He wears a purple long-sleeved shirt with multicoloured stripes, blue jeans with rolled-up cuffs and tan boots. On his head is a cow skull with large eye sockets that light aflame in a purple blaze when the Merchant expresses anger. He has a dreamcatcher and a God's Eye on his right horn.
- Flexy comes from an outlandish country in the middle of nowhere known as Flexico.
- Flexy has a mom, dad, and brother. The mother's name is Rosé, the father's name is Big Oté (Oté for short), and the brother's name is Chefsy.
- Featured on the Flexy website, Chefsy comes from a comic about the events of Flexy taking his place on a cooking show due to his fear of going on stage. Flexy, being the fearless being he is, decides to help him out by participating and winning, in a comical fashion, against professionals who have been cooking for their whole careers.
- DMP, the name of Flexy's final song sprite, Globetrotter, is an acronym for the song of which that form comes from, a music video created by RavvyTavvy for the song Dead Man's Party by Oingo Boingo.
- In fact, if you listen closely, Globetrotter uses leitmotifs from the music video itself.
- The background of Noche and Desierto also references Oingo Boingo with the cat from the album art of Nothing To Fear.
- Flexy used to be a hitman in his early stages.
- In the background of Noche and Desierto, the characters in the background are from various Flexy videos. The gray fox character is named Gladys Minecraft, canonically. The cactus lady is Flexy's girlfriend, Vera. The frog is named Wizard Frog. The cat is named Oingo Boingo, after the band which the design came from.
- Flexy's last name, "Frijolito", was revealed in a livestream.
- The background of his song has several pieces of merchandise referencing different FNF and mod characters.
- Gran Venta—the name of his song—means "Big sale" in Spanish, which makes a lot of sense considering his role as a merchant.
- The background of his song appears in a music video that he himself is also in, based on the song "Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo.
- There are other moments in this mod where the music video is referenced as well, such as Flexy's Skeletal form in his song named Globetrotter.
- The Vs Merchant update marks the first occasion in a FNF mod where the window moves as part of the level.
- There's a song file called "pain-gran-venta" this song will play when you play in hard mode.
- According to Flexy’s creator on Discord, The Merchant’s real name is “Alonso”.
- Alonso wears his cow skull, because he’s a thief and steals people’s stuff using his telekinetic powers when they’re not looking, so he doesn’t want people to know his identity.
- The Merchant’s design is based off the people in the Hatsune Miku music video for Sand Planet as proven by Ravvy Tavvy on the official Flexy Discord.
==Gameplay Mechanic - Screen Move and Golden Arrow Notes==
- During Hard Mode, the Merchant will start moving the game window in an abnormal pattern near the end of the song. He will also change the color of the torches as he does so.
- Gold Arrow Notes will occasionally appear in the Boyfriend's note chart. Hitting said notes will give a unique overlay, a unique sound, and a health bonus.
Cameos in other mods
Note: None of these cameos are canon to Flexy's story.
- In Times & Tribulations (Vs. Omega), he appears in a cameo week as an opponent.
- In The Date Week, he can be seen in the background of Heartbass.
- In Friday Night At The Club! he appears in a cameo song as an opponent
- The Merchant, another character that appears in the V.S. Flexy mod.