Warnings: Content Warning, Trigger Warning, Copyrighted, Spoilers.
Notices: Stub, Unfinished.
Not to be confused with Fallen Soldier
For other characters named Flippy, see Flippy (disambiguation). Vs. Flippy: Full Metal! (previously Vs. Flippy: Flipped Out!) is a mod that contains different versions of , which runs on FPS+ (Psych Engine v0.5 in the upcoming update). The demo currently has 13 songs. (not counting "Two Trucks" and "Flugh")
In this mod, Boyfriend and Girlfriend go on a picnic in the forest. Then we see Flippy, Flaky and other friends playing hide and seek but Flippy lost his tags. So Flippy told his friends to help him find them.
While Flippy was still for looking it then he saw a butterfly, which landed on his index finger, causing him to brighten up. Suddenly, a loud sound is emitted due to Boyfriend trying to fix his microphone. This triggers Flippy's PTSD and Fliqpy takes over, confronting Boyfriend. However, it reveals that Fliqpy sees Boyfriend as a Blue Tiger Soldier instead. The battle ensues after Fliqpy whips his signature bowie knife out and laughs menacingly.
― Fliqpy, Hiding
Flippy, or Fliqpy for that matter, is the main antagonist of the Happy Tree Friends TV show who has rare appearances, but makes a huge impact on the other main characters when he does appear. In every episode Fliqpy's in, he usually ends up killing most, if not all of the characters in traumatizing, but creative ways.
He appears to be a small green bear with yellow eyes wearing a military uniform, but in this version, he has an even more aggressive expression. His uniform is slightly different from his original design and his dog tags seem to be missing. He also seems to be wearing a pair of dark green pants as well. He is also holding a walkie-talkie in his left and a knife in his right. In Slaughter, he is now covered in blood, his mouth has widened, his pupils look more crazy, and he no longer wields a walkie-talkie. During Overkill, his eyes become black with red pupils, and he no longer wields a knife, leaving his hands empty. During Fallout, he has the same appearance that he did in Overkill, except Flippy is trying to regain control of his body and prevent himself from harming Boyfriend and Girlfriend.
Flippy, for the most part, is anything but predictable. As Flippy, he is a kind bear who is easily fascinated by his surroundings, such as a butterfly. However, whenever there is something that reminds him of the trauma he endured during the war, he flips to his alter ego, Fliqpy, who is a dark, blood-hungry individual who kills anything that moves in a brutal, yet creative way based on the surroundings. Despite this, he does not kill for kicks and giggles, because as Fliqpy, he is under the illusion that he is back in the war and is facing his enemies.
Boyfriend wears a red shirt with a white ban symbol. He also has blue hair and wears a red hat. Girlfriend wears a red shirt with shorts and leggings.
Minus Fliqpy is the opponent of Cleave and Disturbed. He could possibly appear in Playtime, but not as the opponent.
- Minus Fliqpy's head has the appearance of Fliqpy's normal icon, except with a red glow coming from his right eye. He wears a black jacket with grey sleeves, and a chain is locked onto his chest. He also wears matching black pants.
- Minus Fliqpy has a supposed "son", as seen in his songs sitting next to BF.
He takes on his appearance in the original Happy Tree Friends, however he has a knife.
- Classic Fliqpy and current Fliqpy share the same icons
- Classic Fliqpy's appearance in this mod is based off his appearance in season 3.
KAPOW Fliqpy originates from the Happy Tree Friends episode “Ka-pow! Operation Tiger Bomb”. KAPOW Fliqpy’s arms have been worn down to the point where his bones are sticking out where his hands used to be. His bones are sharp and pointy, like stingers. KAPOW Fliqpy has red pupils, and sharp pointy teeth. KAPOW Fliqpy’s mouth is shaped into a toothy, evil grin. His stomach has been ripped open, revealing his intestines. KAPOW Fliqpy is covered in blood. In the up pose, his eyes roll up towards the back of his head, presumably being a symbol of KAPOW Fliqpy and Flippy barely being ‘alive’ in a sense.
- KAPOW Fliqpy's stomach is shown to be fine in the freeplay menu, but in the song, his stomach is ripped open.
Tiger Soldier is the player character of KAPOW.
The Tiger Soldier is a blue tiger with a submachine gun. This soldier also appears to be sweating. He has goggles and a helmet, and has a military suit.
- Even though you play as them in KAPOW, they use BF vocals, this is to show the song is actually a hallucination of Fliqpy.
Gameplay Mechanics - Camouflaged, Grenade & Burn Notes
- Camouflaged Notes: Some notes are camouflaged and transparent, making them harder to see and easier to miss, but otherwise functions normally.
- Grenade Notes: At the very end of Triggered, Fliqpy sends out 4 grenade notes. Pressing them makes Boyfriend lose a large chunk of health, which could kill the player depending on their place on the health bar.
- Burn Notes: Looks like the grenade notes but red. Not in any of the songs yet but you can place them via the chart editor. Hitting them rapidly drains your health but stops after a few seconds. These may be in KAPOW or Overkill.
- Fliqpy's voice samples his original voice in Happy Tree Friends.
- Fliqpy has pants in this mod, unlike his version in the show. A version without pants was shown to demonstrate why the change was made.
- Fliqpy's walkie-talkie light changes colors to the notes he hits. However, for his down pose, his walkie talkie is covered by his head, so a color change is not able to be seen.
- For some reason, Boyfriend is wearing his Christmas outfit from Week 5 in the V1 demo, It was presumably due to the jacket sprite not being finished yet.
- The Song "Two Trucks" is a song made by the Neil Cicierega, otherwise known as "Lemon Demon".
- The original name of the song "Triggered” was “Hiding”, which most likely came from the origin of Flippy's PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), as shown in Ka-Pow! Operation Tiger Bomb, when Flippy had to hide inside one of the bodies of his former partners. However, it was confirmed by the developers that the name was decided because the first episode where Flippy appeared was based around a game of hide and seek.
- The song has since been renamed to Triggered, relating to how certain noise and actions within Happy Tree Friends cause Flippy to "flip out". (It could also refer as extreme anger or the trigger of a gun.)
- One of Fliqpy's songs share song names which is with Freddy Fazbear (Slaughter).
- This is no longer the case, as Freddy's second song has been renamed to "The Slaughter."
- A Tiger Soldier's unused icons can be seen in the icon grid alongside icons for a Fliqpy based more off of his Ka-Pow! Incarnation.
- The alternate defeat icon is a reference to a death in HTF - Ka-Pow! Operation Tiger Bomb.
- According to his "Collect em' all Card", Flippy knits sweaters as a hobby.
- It has been confirmed that there will be more HTF characters in the mod, and they will undergo a few design changes to better fit with the artstyle.
- Flaky has been shown to be in the mod, however, the mod does not play off the popular Flippy x Flaky ship, and they are described to be just friends.
- Cuddles is also making an appearance as a dead/terribly hurt body on the stage, probably appearing in Slaughter or Overkill.
- There's going to be a song that takes place during or after Operation Tiger Bomb and has the player playing as a Tiger Soldier against Fliqpy, which will likely end in the soldier dying.
- The name of the Kapow song is simply KAPOW. The devs have jokingly named the icons KACHOW (Don't change the name they have requested to keep it.)
- In the files of the dev build, the old version of Blast from the Shaggy mod can be found.
- Surprisingly enough, the KAPOW song uses BF vocals despite the player being a Tiger Soldier. According to one of the devs in the discord, the reason is because Fliqpy views you as the enemy, so he views you as just another Tiger Soldier like the rest he's killed, which means that the song takes place half in Flippy's perspective.
- Compass has a motif to Foolhardy.
- It's main melody was supposedly a reference to Ron, however that was not the case.
- It was confirmed by the devs in the discord that the one singing "Playdate" is the other minus Flippy shown in Minus Fliqpy's songs. (The one everyone calls Minus Fliqpy's son.)
- The new name, "FULL METAL!", is a reference to Full Metal Jacket, a 1987 film about war.
- The reason for the change is that the devs wanted a better name, "Flipped Out!" was an obvious pun, or just to reference Full Metal Jacket like i said earlier.
- In the first demo's page, it implies that this mod was being planned before Miguel185's Flippy mod and had no relation with it, however in a video were the devs were talking about the mod, it has been revealed that it was being made in order to try and make a better flippy mod, that's because the devs disliked Miguel's mod.
- It was also going to be a remake, revealed by an old tweet by Redsty, which was titled as "VS Flippy remake" or something similar and included an old design for FULL METAL!'s Flippy.
- There are 3 old designs for flippy as far as it's known by people, those being this, this and the one that appeared on the demos/leaked build.
Note: Overkill & Fallout don't have Dialogue, Probably since this is still a demo. And Slaughter is a placeholder and there icon for flaky
30pxNametag: "Where did you last see it, Flippy?"
30pxNametag: "Alrighty then, I'll go tell the others then."Boyfriend: "Nah, don't worry, I can fix it. Probably."
30pxNametag: "Wow Flippy ur dumb lolol"
30pxNametag: "no lol ur just mad cuz bad"Fliqpy: "grr imma kil u"
See Also (Highly Suggested)