Friday Night Funkin': SINGE AND SEAR is a mod made by Summus, the same creator who made Friday Night Funkin’: Tales From the Raveyard (Vs. Mystic Myra). It features 4 brand new songs, 3 in the first week called "Burning Love" and the 4th song in the second week called "Cooldown". A 3rd week is also made available as it remixes all 4 songs together.
Week 1: Burning Love
One night, Boyfriend receives a mysterious text from an unknown number, claiming to be a big fan of his and wishes to sing with him at a nearby bar alone. Not willing to turn down an opportunity to sing some songs, Boyfriend heads to the bar alone to confront the mysterious person, despite the concern of this being a trap for something bad. At the bar, the mysterious person seems to be talking to someone, but it quickly gets pushed back when Boyfriend arrives to confront the fan. It turns out that this person's name is Singe, a woman who was a fan of his since a rap battle he had at the subway station, and she seems to be very nervous. In the first 2 songs, Singe seems to act very flustered, knowing that she was singing with her idol. Before the 3rd song, she finally confesses her feelings for Boyfriend and asks him out on a date. Boyfriend says that he's already dating Girlfriend and even even shows Singe a picture of him and GF on his phone. Singe quickly apologizes, realizing how lucky BF is to have GF, but begins to talk to an unknown entity. Singe warns BF to run while he still can, but that's when said entity, Sear, escapes from Singe's body. Sear curses out Boyfriend for hurting Singe's feelings and states that had it not been for him dating a "she-devil", he would have broken the curse of Sear being attached to Singe. She then battles BF in the 3rd song, but is ultimately defeated. After that, she wants to fight BF as long as she wants, but not before hearing police sirens and retreating elsewhere with Singe, postponing the "revenge".
Week 2: Cooldown
Some time later, Singe invites Boyfriend to another nearby bar. She seems to be concerned that he wouldn't show up after the events of Week 1, but Boyfriend does indeed arrive, startling her in the process. Singe apologizes for what happened and says that she's put Sear in "time-out" in a jar. After a bit of clearing up about Sear, Singe later says that she wants to start over with him and that they could still be friends who like having fun singing together from time to time. As Singe fears that he'll say no or that he'll never want to see her again, Boyfriend shockingly accepts the offer of them being just friends. The two bury the hatchet and head to a karaoke machine to perform a song.
The mod has received positive reviews by many as they're calling it another underrated classic by Summus. Many applauded the cutscenes, the songs, the story and especially the characters. Many have also gone on to applaud Singe's character to the point where they just want to give her a hug.
Singe is a shy girl who has a crush on Boyfriend. One day she invites Boyfriend to sing with her at a bar.
Singe has messy, black shoulder length hair with red and orange tints on the tip of her hair. While bangs cover her right eye completely, her left eye can be visible sometimes in the shadow.
Singe wears a black sleeveless shirt, golden belt, long black pants and black shoes with golden soles and parts. She also wears black gloves and golden bracelets on her gloves. Singe has bandages on both of her shoulders and her hands (under the gloves). On her back, she carries a red canister, which contains Sear.
- For FL Studio users, Singe's voice bank can be used as a preset. Simply look up "Art of Voice" and you can make any song you want with her.
- Singe suffers from heterochromia, an eye condition in which one of the eyes is a different color to the other.
- One of her eyes is red while the other is gold.
- Singe is 19 years old.
- Singe doesn't understand Boyfriend's Beep Bop language.
- Unlike other fanboy/fangirl mods, Singe seems to understand that Boyfriend is already taken and is willing to come to terms with the situation, unlike how Sear interprets it as breaking her heart.
- Boyfriend is also kind enough to accept Singe's offer of being her friend, so all's well that ends well.
Sear is a vengeful, guardian spirit of Singe. She usually stays in the red canister Singe carries on her back.
The color of her body is black with orange and yellow tints on the tips of her body. She has long, sharp fingers, medium length hair and a wispy tail in place of feet. Her eyes, the inside of her mouth and teeth are yellow. Most of the time her pupils cannot be seen, but on some occasions, her yellow pupils can be visible.
When Sear becomes angry, the color of her body turns into orange and the tints also become brighter.
- Sear is cursed to Singe and is unable to escape unless that curse is broken by another being.
- Had Boyfriend not revealed that he was dating Girlfriend, the curse would have been lifted and Sear would have been set free.
- Sear is made up of flammable gas and liquid, lighting up when she gets angry.
- Sear was 32 years old when she died.
- Sear used to serve time in prison prior to or at the time of her death.
- Singe can easily trap Sear in a glass jar and keep her captive until she behaves, as seen in the Cooldown Week. She claims it to be an "anger issue" and claims that she's actually nice once you get to know her.
- Sear seems to act more chaotic and willing to do what it takes to get the job done. She's also supposedly able to kill Singe at a moment's notice.
- The mod and OST were intended to be released on September 26, 2021, but instead, came out 2 days early.
- The mod was made using old equipment of Caustic 3 and Medibang Paint Pro, but now with the more advanced tools of FL Studio, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Animate as well.
- Weeg, creator of the Weeg Mod, assisted Summus by supplying the mod with its source code.
- Much of the soundtrack drew inspiration from Retrospecter, Kamex, and Orenji Music.
- "Seared" and "Molotov" are heavy examples of this.
- When the player gets a Game Over, Boyfriend's blue balls will burn.
- Pompom is in the background for the Cooldown Week, but can't be seen due to Singe being in the way.
- This was due to Summus forgetting to save the layers separately before merging them, making their models stuck.
(Messages appear on Boyfriend's phone)
???: H-Hello, BF!
???: I know you probably don't recognize this number but...
???: I'm a big fan of yours, and was wondering if you could meet me?
I.D.K. LoveSinge: Y-You would? Okay, here goes nothing...
(Boyfriend pulls out a picture of Girlfriend on his phone to show Singe)
(Sear comes of her canister)
(Sear gets angrier causing her to light up)Boyfriend: be skoo be bai
MolotovSinge: A-Alright! Come on, this place has a karaoke machine- let's do one more song!